1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[2303] Ping: Not responding

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Adikso, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Adikso

Adikso Base Burner
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Linux
    Build number: 2303
    Description: Servers ping ALWAYS shows up as "Not responding" in server selection menu on Linux (It works fine when I play windows version with Wine)
    Steps to reproduce: Open server selection menu
    Screenshots/Videos: https://i.imgur.com/gcjCuye.png

2. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I've had this on windows recently, but I'm not sure if it was my ping or a bug.

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

@Lavaguy678 That's probably because how bad your net is, I can confirm this issue happens very often on the Linux build, whereas the Windows build does it just fine (even under Wine). I did recall some occurrences in which the ping actually correctly showed, but I didn't try to reproduce it so far.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 10, 2017 ---
    I gave it a quick look and I found why it happens. Linux/Mac builds will always timeout instantly because the timestamp is truncated as it is stored in the wrong format. Windows has a different epoch so it must have not happened there, or a silly issue like that.