1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Other KAG 3D

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by stabborazz, Oct 21, 2016.

1. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

I'm planning on making a version of KAG in 3D in the future.
    I made some simple models in my free time, These are work in progress, I made them in about 2 hours.

Attached Files:

2. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

fix the missing imahes plox[​IMG]

3. stabborazz

Fixed

4. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

cool , maybe add some crazy physics , remove shotgun?

5. stabborazz

Well the physics will definetly be somewhat different, since 3D physics aren't the same as 2D physics.

6. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

What engine?

7. stabborazz

There isn't any code yet. I just make the models in my free time as an excersize. In the future I will try and make this into a game, I don't know what engine I'll use.

8. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Isn't it technically possible to make a mod for KAG having 3D? If we can make Shiprekt, then we can make 3D surely?

9. stabborazz

Well, Shiprekt is also 2D, it's just drawn differently. You could call it an Illusion. It would be possible, but the mod would be bigger than KAG itself, becouse alot more code is needed for a 3D world and 3D models are heavier than 2D sprites. I would also be forced to use AngelScript. So it's probably easier to make it as a standalone game.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: 3d in kag - you can do it but it's generally not going to be enjoyable. If anyone was particularly interested I could expose generic mesh rendering but it's true that you'd probably be better off using something else. The main benefit of using kag/crimson is that you've got networking, rendering, sound and physics "built in" - in 3d you'd basically just be left with the networking, since you'd have to recode at least rendering and physics, and probably at least do some auxiliary stuff with sound.

Re: angelscript - you're uh, generally not going to have a "nicer" time writing 3d code regardless of the language.

I'd urge you to try for something with a much smaller scope if this is your first serious foray into programming, but that's your choice of course :)

11. Monkey_Feats

I have dabbled in some 3d in my time.
    minerman.png

Geti, Osmal, stabborazz and 2 others like this.
  12. stabborazz

Ofcourse I will work on much smaller projects first. But This is something I'd like to do in the future like I stated earlier, and with this I mean several years. I have to do alot of school projects, these school projects can take up to 3-4 years before I have enough free time to focus on another big project.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 15, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 15, 2016 ---
    Looks good.

Geti likes this.
  13. Monkey_Feats