1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Tools

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by link6155, Nov 27, 2012.

?

What do you think of my concept(s)?

1. AMAZING!

70.0%
  2. Good, needs work

20.6%
  3. Ok, it has issues

3.1%
  4. Terrible! Burn it quickly!

6.3%
Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Hey everyone, I'm here to introduce a new tool called King Arthur's Tools.
    [​IMG]
    Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tm3a8tlax20gov/KAT.zip
    If you can't run it, install .net framework. Still can't run it? Upgrade your computer to windows 7/8

You will need this font if you wan to to look correct: http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/uni_05_53.htm

The application is based off a concept by me. I decided to make it become a reality after people requested it.
    Here's the concept:
    [​IMG]

MrError, Makara, Digger101 and 56 others like this.
  2. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

The update descriptions made me lol

:P

Anywayzzzzz, that login screen looks pretty cool.
    I think even without this thread, the screen would be changed when the game gets more popularity.

SlyStalker and link6155 like this.
  3. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

It's the greatest idea i've ever seen on this forum, we need this! :heart:

4. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

this is pretty great!!!

5. link6155

Here's what it looks like after you logged in:
    (click on image for better quality)
    [​IMG]
    I think that the KAG client should be tied with you're KAG forums account, showing how many message you have and how many alerts. I also put in a basic profile information where you it displays your general stats.

Here's one of my bigger idea, reputation:

Being a KAG member for a few months, there's one problem that never went away, griefers and trolls. Sure you can kick them or even ban them, but they still can go onto other servers and grief. This is where the global reputation system comes in. Players can vote up or down another players reputation (3 times and different users a day only). This way, people can see whether a person has a fishy background or is well respected. How do people redeem themselves? Well, I suggest that this should be reset every 1-2 months or so, so that people can have a fresh new start. I think this will help the community see's who is griefing as well as make admins job easier.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated :D :D :D

6. GloriousToast

bring on the bitches whining about reputation, kills and deaths.
    im all go but i do not think everyone is. Many asses have expressed their half-assed opinions about how kills and deaths will become such a large faggoty filled hole of curds and i haz this many fags kills so im this much better then you but im just a measly maggot

7. link6155

True, however, jerks will probably get lower reputations. Boasting about your stats would only hurt you :P The reputation system really make you think about your actions.

8. GloriousToast

people still do it D:

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'm sure there is a reason that when you login it's after the actual 'program' has launched, and I'm sure there is a security fault that would require some bridging to do it this way instead.

10. link6155

I don't think there is a security concern here. The KAG API automatically launches straight into the game (actually into a server), so why would this be any different?

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Might work, just saiyan, I personally don't see the real appeal to this though, although your layout does look 'nicer' what's already there kinda works. The only downside I see really is that right now the reason for the splash IIRC is because they couldn't get KAG to the point where you could drag the window to certain sizes, so instead they had to make premade sizes you would choose from before starting KAG (else you end up like Terraria's "Change my size?Restart game!")

I'm not sure how well splash screens like the current one (or yours) will translate into something like Steam or wherever the heck it was they're going to be pushing KAG with that deal to be made.

12. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher

Well, I see in your signature that you are a graphics designer, and you are a GOOD one! ;):thumbs_up:
    The layout is very, very good! But I don't see why we would need reputation.
    It just something the game doesn't need.

WarrFork likes this.
  13. Ulthuanelf

Ulthuanelf Shark Slayer

Typo alert!
    The update list says "mathces" instead of "matches". Just saying. :)

It sure looks good, tough. But I'm not a fan of the K/D listing, as some (mostly modded) servers include a lot of deaths and very little killing. It's kinda bugged too.
    Also, what about the background we have now? You can't just ditch it! D:

14. link6155

I saw that typo, but I'm too lazy to fix :P
    As for the current background, you'll still have it on the main menu (with the solo, multiplayer, etc). I don't like the K/D idea either, but I thought I add it in since I couldn't figure out what else to add in at the time I made this :/

15. Ulthuanelf

Ulthuanelf Shark Slayer

Clan tag, maybe?
    Or time spend/class? (Or just time online.)
    Or...the "change profile pic" button?
    Or all of them at once? :P

link6155 likes this.
  16. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

One of the best suggestions I ever saw in here. Simple, but would really improve my experience every time I log in.

And while I would hate to have a K/D ratio or karma system (I saw both of them on other games before, and it sucked and leaded to karma whoring or camping), I liked the forum-game integration idea.

Bammboo and link6155 like this.
  17. link6155

New update!
    I thought it would be nice if the KAG client had a custom border frame rather using the system native borders. I also added in a config button (middle button on the top right corner) where you can adjust your resolution and related options. Also fixed that tiny typo :>:(: Take a look:

(click on image for better quality)
    [​IMG]
    As always, feedback is greatly appreciated :)
    </br>--- merged: Nov 28, 2012 4:34 AM ---</br>
    Yet another
    I like the idea of the Clan tag being shown, so I've added that. I also decided to have an edit profile button which you can also edit your profile pic in. Here's what I think it should look like :D (as always, gotta click on image for awesomeness)
    [​IMG]
    A small tweak I also made is switching the minimize and the config button, since it makes more sense.

18. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Completely unrelated, but:
    It would be cool if there was another game mode where you can check on the status of your kingdom. Random players could be grouped together for a long "clan war." So essentially, you're assigned a team, a territory to defend, and you would be alerted when a battle is about to take place. So you could be playing regular matches in between these territory clan matches (The whole clan match would probably last, I dunno, no more than an hour if individual matches were played with RTDM, assuming the match isn't going back and forth with territory capturing) Only for UBER ELITE PLAYERS only. https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/clan-wars-territories.8532/#post-142011
    I saw the "profile info" button, and the "check stats" button , and thought it would be cool if there was another button that accessed this game mode. That's what spurred me to type this.

Cool UI though, would use. Do you plan on implementing this when the API is released, or do you call yourself a Graphic UI Designer because you can shop pictures of log-in screens?

SlyStalker and Demon_Jester like this.
  19. link6155

I don't call myself a Graphic UI Designer, I am a graphic UI designer. I currently design for 7pmTech.com for our upcoming Office Suite, Office.NET. It's basically a free version of Microsoft Office with a few new features here and there. I also create others things @ http://link6155.deviantart.com

And this is only a concept, so it's not real, though I wish it was, hence why I posted this in suggestions.

SlyStalker and GreenRock like this.
  20. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Thanks for the proof.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey