1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

question I had while shark trapping

Discussion in 'Builder' started by TryingKAG, May 24, 2019.

1. TryingKAG

TryingKAG Builder Stabber

when I tried to build over the shark, I thought its collision area would also be rectangular, cuz sharks can't rotate, unlike crates
    [​IMG]
    here it seems that sharks can pass through (1, 5) diagonal gaps, but neither (1, 0) vertical nor (0, 5) horizontal

so, should I just go by their pixelated sprites?
    (I just started testing stuff in sandbox mode, dunno how to display actual hitbox yet)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2019, Original Post Date: May 24, 2019 ---
    https://imgur.com/QW1YBLh btw, this is the map I used. When I named it shark.png it overwrote the shark's sprite, lol
    --- Double Post Merged, May 25, 2019 ---
    sry, nvm https://imgur.com/fezRpOV

2. ... Come again?

3. TryingKAG

cuz sharks can pass through (5,0) but not (5,1), the takeaway here is that you only need to intrude [​IMG] (this evaluates to less than 0.1) units into a shark's passageway to block it

4. open console (home key) and type g_debug=1

5. TryingKAG

I found out and posted nvm on May 25, 2019 but thanks anyway
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 9, 2019 ---
    I did check out bison's asymmetrical hitbox, though
    [​IMG]
    going up this diagonal tunnel was easy, but when I tried going back the way I came by holding 'a', I got stuck, and had to tap 'd' to mirror its hitbox horizontally, letting it slide down

unless someone on the enemy team is riding bison, I can just agro it, lure it up a tunnel, circle around so I'm below, and it can't chase me down

Blubahub likes this.