1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "roughconcept" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Am I wrong or is it just the one forward flag?

3. Ferrezinhre

Yes there is just one forward flag.

4. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Maybe the red wall is too close to the flag, but im okay with it. Could be lowered tho, it would be hard for a knight to climb to the flag room without help. Looks like a really aggressive map, I like. Theres not much resources to keep rebuilding forever. The mid is really simple but could be annoying to break trough due to the bedrock ground if a team makes a tower there. Also the two backwall dots would make the tower even stronger and harder to collapse. I think Yes because I want to try that, but I think the flag made lower.

5. mehwaffle10

I'm not a very big fan of cave maps due to the heavy reliance on builder pushing, but I think this one would work for what I think you're trying to go for. I like how aggressive it is and the map design is interesting, although I do have qualms with the fact that the most interesting parts of the map aren't ever going to see any conflict. I do agree that the flags are a bit high but I think this map is passable, it'd at least be a bit of a switch up from rorschach

6. Ferrezinhre

"that the most interesting parts of the map aren't ever going to see any conflict" - please highlight these parts, maybe adding second flag there would make it better?
    roughconcept (1).png
    lowered flag island by 4 blocks
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 27, 2020, Original Post Date: Jan 14, 2020 ---
    What we do with this one?

7. mehwaffle10

What if we made the erratic islands fill the entirety of the cave, and the cave didn't narrow in the middle? That makes for more than one avenue of fighting and allows for eventful stuff to happen in the interesting part of the map. Even if it was like bedrock dividers with no dirt backwall it might be neat

8. Ferrezinhre

roughconcept_nonsymmetrical mid.png
    roughconcept_symmetrical.png

Ni likes this.
  9. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I like the first version more, but the second one is also pretty cool. Even being asymmetrical it still looks fair to play imo. Not having a single line to attack/defend will probs make it play a lot better too, as it could be stalemate-y or just extreme fast push/front tower. So its a yes for me for the last two versions (I like the first version more but its a yes for both of them)

10. mehwaffle10

It's gonna get way to claustrophobic in pubs in the first version though, I don't think official should have all 20 players fighting in 15 blocks. The first version works but for smaller player counts, I think the symmetrical version is better personally

11. Ferrezinhre

I not sure if it will works in pubs, on hold for now.

12. mehwaffle10

I agree, I think it will be a bit too stalematey in the current state of the game

13. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Is this one rejected?

14. mehwaffle10

I mean, there's now also the potential for putting something like this in small ctf. Are we also curators for that?

15. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Yes you are.

16. mehwaffle10

I mean would you wanna put it in small ctf ferre?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.