1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Kick-immunity if you're a regular top scorer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solomon-Grundy, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

I was just vote-kicked in under 1 second after a vote came up after spending the past 20 minutes help push the team forward. This was on the euro server. There's a lot wrong with this:

- how can a vote go forward in under 1 second? Did a bunch of people seriously see the vote and just knee-jerk it? I mean, I barely even saw the message and the red-circle around my guy before I was kicked. Seriously?

- I play the game regularly and have done so for at least a month. I've played several rounds this weekend, each time I've been at the top, or near the top of the score list. There should be some kind of kick immunity for people that are obviously playing for real. Persistent reputation or something... It's just lame to be rocking it for your team and then some juvenile ass-hat raises a vote and you're gone. Game-breaker.

2. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

I'm pretty sure the devs are working on a server lobby and dynamic player rep to counter this issue.

3. Snoopicus

Snoopicus Guest

Knee jerk voting is definitely an issue. When I vote kick greifers I rarely even type in a legit reason anymore - more like "Snoopicus finds this man's smell offensive" or something. He gets kicked in a second or less.

People often ask me what he did AFTER the vote. Too late for the greifer obviously.

I think the speed at which people votekick is the natural result of people knowing how fast a greifer can tear down a fort. We know that they need to be booted NOW or the tower is gonna collapse.

Honestly, despite some of the issues, I'd rather have a few innocent victims than let the greifers roam free. Perhaps people who have been marked as greifer by others cannot initiate vote kicks? This might prevent unscrupulous individuals from greif by votekicking.

4. Major

Major Guest

But also, people get to know each other, and the griefers, so they'll begin to recognize if people are booting innocents.

5. naum

naum Guest

It's not a good idea in this form & at this moment.

0. Top score is not a mark of adecvate man. I frequently saw that good players start to grief (may be drunk, may be tired)
    1. Currently, top score is not a mark of a good game. Situation: you play 5-6 games one-by-one at middle/low level of skills, so your score is higher then 90% of gamers in current round.