1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows KAG [2509] Bandicam causes missing frames

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Coroz, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Category: KAG
    Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit
    Build number: 2509
    Description: Recording programs can make it that uncapped fps kag is dropping frames.
    Steps to reproduce:
    Join any server
    2. enable uncapped fps and put bandicam on(i didnt test it on other recording programs yet)
    3. you are now missing frames.
    (Bandicam doesnt drop frames on 30 fps)
    Screenshots/Videos: https://youtu.be/Yi6tt3nAEKs

Basshunter likes this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I've got a feeling this is as a result of your computer being overburdened and bandicam being a CPU-side recorder, and KAG also being very CPU heavy - those type of recorders are also very memory intensive and will slow down memory access for everything else (including KAG). It's not a bug in KAG as such.

In this case I'd say your only hope for 60fps recording (on a machine that can't handle 60fps recording on the CPU while KAG is running) is one of the GPU-side recorders, as KAG is very light on the GPU and those type of programs mostly affect GPU memory bandwidth, not main memory bandwidth. I've not tried them with KAG and don't know if they work.

@Asu may or may not have more to add.

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I think shadowplay now works with OpenGL, if you happen to use a recent nvidia GPU. It was pretty decent back when I was using it.
    Does Bandicam try to record at 60fps or at 30fps when uncapped framerate is set? If you get unusual frame skipping only when uncapped framerate is on in KAG it's kind of weird - it might be because of some not very good logic happening on sprite interpolation when the framerate is below e.g. 60fps but above 30fps.

4. Coroz

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

it records on 60 fps, it also happens if i set recording at 30 fps

5. Coroz

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Recordings after the updates are all working perfectly also with 60fps or more.
    I think it has to do that bandicam thought kag was still running on 30 fps even with unlimited fps on. after the update its fixed. (i could be wrong ofc.)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Nothing changed with this build that should affect recording, but it could be that a few optimisations took you below the threshold of "missing" a frame at 60fps. Either way, glad it's working for you :thumbs_up:

7. clud65

clud65 Ballista Bolt Thrower

OBS is a really nice open source software for recording, i recommend using that instead. It can also use hardware (GPU) instead of software (CPU), depending if you have or not GPU.