1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bringing Back Old Maps

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ni, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

You may use this thread to discuss which maps you would like to see back in the mapcycle/which maps you'd like to see removed.

You can find old unused maps here:
    Code:
    King Arthur's Gold\Base\Maps\CTF

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Note: was just looking a bit fast at the maps, so I just looked at the image preview.
    I really liked Potatobird_SharkRomance, even with everyone else not.
    Same for Skinney_Bluff.
    Could be due to nostalgia and past experiences on them, but are two maps I really love.
    I never played on Rayne_KingArthursPonds, looks like a old map, but seems fun/solid on a first glance.

Ni likes this.
  3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

SharkRomance is terrible. Please don't bring it back. KingArthursPond(s) are both just siege maps from back when tramp cannons were still a thing. They wouldn't be fun to play in the current state of the game (q u a r r i e s)

4. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I would go with these: Skinney_Typhoon, Skinney_Bluff, Punk123_PrincessCity2, Gurin_DoubleSided, Fellere_FourRivers for one week, Mazey_Rioter, MillenniumBell oh soo long time, this map is great. Punk123_CryingDemon why not, TresFlags, and CerberosRift oh I would replace any map from mapcycle changes we made just to have rift ther, eh i could just put it in. Or @Ni is this possible?

5. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Bringing those back is definitely possible, we’ll have to wait for the next build to make changes tho.

6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Rayne_KingArthursPonds
    EjMap (need to increase sky size)
    MonsteriCTF1
    MonsteriCTF2
    JTG_BoulderLake
    All the maps in the "Returning" folder -> they were never supposed to be removed, they would be rotated in and out every patch.

7. Ferrezinhre

Rotation? sounds intresting.

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

That was the system before I went on vacation and everyone hated on it ::P: every month, 4 maps would leave the mapcycle, and 4 new or previously "rotated out" maps would be rotated in. The maps in the Returning folder are maps that are completely fine and should be re-added as they were only out temporarily.

9. Ferrezinhre

Mhm, oh well aiming to do same thing, this will be fun as hell.

10. Ni

1. Active Forum Users

Bringing back the rotation thingy sounds good to me!
    I'd still focus on reviewing all the submitted maps from last year first.