1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Coin values

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kodysch, Jul 25, 2014.

1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I was wondering what the coin value of killing/wounding are for archers, builders and knights. Also if what instrument you use affects the value. Thanks.

2. Nand

Nand Arsonist Tester

The rewards are standard for each character:

Damaging a player/siege engine: 5 coins
    Killing a player/siege engine: 20 coins

You can find all the other coin information in CTF_Trading.as

zerd, kodysch, Reudh and 2 others like this.
  3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Coin drops are a separate thing, right? Those are just as buggy as they were in classic, though, as they're always desynced and never where you see them on your client.

4. Nand

Nand Arsonist Tester

Yeah they are, when a person dies they lose 20% of their coins. The game will then drop a portion of those lost coins at the at the spot of the corpse, which could be an amount of anywhere from 0 to the entire amount lost...half the time when I pick em up I don't get the coins though so I dunno exactly what's going on.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

That's what Shnitzel meant about desync.

Also, I was always under the impression that, archers actually got more coins per hit than knights, due to knights generally being there to pick up dropped coins, whereas archers are often further away and unable to loot the dropped coinage. @Geti, did that change to archers not happen? :huh?:

startselect3 likes this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The coins are not nearly as desynced as they were in classic; they now send a number of coins, seed for the randomisation and a location, and are picked up serverside rather than on both ends (in classic you'd see your coins increase in the HUD only to drop down when you bought something) - that said, it's not perfect because things change between frames and the position is often slightly different on the client, and you're not notified if someone else grabs the coin (the check is only run once every few frames for performance reasons, so you can "miss" the pickup due to lag or just bad timing), so the coins can end up in different locations or still appear visually when they're not there.

They're a separate amount of coin from the amount gained by the killer though; its up to 30% of the guy who died's money (random, the rest of the 30% evaporates into thin air).

@FBB: nope, its based on how much damage you do with a hit for hits vs players, vs siege its coins for each hit so archers can farm a little more there.

7. Nand

Nand Arsonist Tester

Isn't it 20%? I could totally be reading the angelscript wrong.

8. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

[​IMG]
    Snip-it from gamemode.cfg in /ctf
    fwiw all of this stuff is open to modding so it might not be the same on your favorite server.
    Or is this stuff not used anymore?

Malitha likes this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

[​IMG]

He's right actually, must have decreased it at some point.

The gamemode.cfg stuff hasn't been used for ages; should really remove it

10. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Oh shit that means I lose 100 coins for gibbing a team mate with a saw even if I don't mean to? D:

Dargona1018 and emasame like this.