1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rework of Water Arrows & Water Bombs.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Draco1991, Sep 8, 2015.

?

Yeh or nah

1. yes pls I need to be able 2 ezcap

45.5%
  2. no whey i ned 2 kil buldrs

54.5%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

Hello everyone,
    This probably won't be implemented by devs so it's more of a suggestion to modders and/or people who are interested in my idea. So here it goes. I, and probably a lot of other people, think water arrows and bombs are as nuisance, correct? What if instead of them stunning you on the spot, basically making it a free kill for knights and possible archers, they made you 'confused' making it so if you press the 'a' key, that would usually make you move left, it'd make you move right and vise versa ect. The water arrows would still be used for putting out fires, and in the battle field, but instead of them making basically free kills for a team, it just potentially slowed the players down if they didn't know how to co-ordinate properly.

This would allow for people to 'master' the arts of opposite running so they could still stay in the battle even if they were under the effects of the water bomb/arrow. This would stop people from spamming water bombs and arrows non-stop as the players would still be able to get away, instead of being rendered useless in a fight. I suggest possible decreasing the price from 30 coins to 25 seeing as though they're not as much of a 'god' weapon anymore. Being able to buy more + the rework would allow for tactical uses such as if an enemy knight charges at you while holding the D button and slashing, just throw a trusty water bomb and watch as they run the other way while wasting their double slash, giving you time to move in an secure the kill.

I would include diagrams but I am no artist so it'd look like blocks drawn everywhere. I'm open to criticism seeing as I wanted to write something so I thought up some random rework. I honestly thought about this for roughly five minuted before writing so expect grammatical mistakes and such. Hope you like the idea and I'm eager to hear your opinions!

J-man2003, PinXviiN, EhRa and 2 others like this.
  2. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

It would certainly fix the problem, but there are (in my opinion) better ideas like: removing explosion (making it single target), reducing stun duration, removing stun and adding more knockback and making it so that you are not stunned anymore once you take 1 (or 2 if its a slash) hearts. Theese ideas aren't all my own.

Draco1991 likes this.
  3. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

I like this idea but it still limits what you can do in a fight. Removing explosion = still no 1 on 1's, reducing stun = still gives enemy enough time to slash you once + jab/shoot an arrow or two, depending on how much it's reduced and more knock back sorta limits the use of the bombs/arrows. Yes maybe you can knock someone off a tower and watch them plummet to their death while you sit peacefully on your perch but I feel as though knock back is only a small part of the water items themselves, like, a shield bash should have more knock back not a glass ball filled with water, you know what I'm saying? Your last point though, the limitation of being hit by 1 attack would be useful as it gives the opponent an advantage of health but doesn't insta-kill you. The only floor is that if they charges up a double slash would the first slash knock them out of the stun and the second hit them before they could react? I think a better idea would be to make it so the bomb can only hit you once every x amount of second, limiting the spam and strength of the items at a given time. Good ideas though, any of these I would personally prefer more than the current ones.

Mariox222 likes this.
  4. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

That is actually an AMAZING idea. It would still make the effects the same (if stunned in combat).

Draco1991 likes this.
  5. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

I only read the beginning of your tediously long message but I really like the idea of confusement over stunning. This is a good idea and should be added to the main game too, instead of just mods. They should also fix the the area of effect.

Draco1991 likes this.
  6. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Your solution is just as wrong as the current model.

Best thing water bombs could become is a crowd control weapon.

Water arrows/bombs have a large radius, but do not stun. Instead of stunning, they slow a player by 50~75%.

This does not just slow their movements, but their actions too.

A Knight under water effects can still fight, but only slash once every ~ 2 seconds, and jab once every .5 - 1 second.

An Archer would take ~2-3x as long to fire arrows

A Builder would take ~3x-5x as long to do anything at all, build or destroy or place.

I weigh this system harshly on builders for a reason. Builders win games and currently have no mechanics to fix them. This weapon change alone could potentially fix Builder as a class.

Crowd control mechanics have been done since the dawn of gaming, from World of Warcraft, to Team Fortress, to new and amazing games like Skyforge. It is simple and effective, and not hard to implement. I could do this and mod this myself with a little study.

Skinney or Geti could do this half asleep and drunk. Like, easy tier shit.

Draco1991 and PUNK123 like this.
  7. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

being slowed down seems like a instadeath just about the same as being wholly stunned. Being slow is deathsentence in kag.

Scratch that i didnt read it right...
    Anyway I believe people would just run away from battle until they recover. in what you suggest.

8. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

I find the water arrows right now are better.. Its a good crowed controller, And helps a lot, e.g. in clan wars ect

If you changed them To opposite controls, people would be able to get use to it, like I'm use to doing opposite controls, they are easy to learn for me, so if anything it should be a new arrow type, instead of "nurf" water arrows.

But.. After thinking.. Try this on a mod or something.. see what the results are, this may work well or may not.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  9. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Would be too easy. "I got hit with a water arrow, better hit D instead of A and kill this archer". I really don't see the problem people have with water arrows tbh, it's a free kill, if it's a 2v1 situation and the 2 have decent teamwork. In my opinion, water arrows should be buffed so knights can't shield it, but that's never gonna happen since knights are all about playing the OP class and not giving archers any useful weapons.

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

>has bomb arrows
    >has triple shots making knight vs archer combat very fair
    >has a cheap ability to stun from far distances(water arrows)
    >has a grappling hook
    >is crying

I really like the crowd controll idea though(and id like to hear what is wrong with it?)

11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

>doesnt play archer
    >is crying

Mods: Rainbows