1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Parkour+ 1.3

A revised version of the Assault Course Mod by daskew87

1. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Monkey_Feats submitted a new resource:

Parkour+ - A revised version of the Assault Course Mod by daskew87

Read more about this resource...

joshua12131415, zerd and Olimarrex like this.
  2. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

YES :D Thanks Monkey_Feats.
    You added in votes, does that mean players can vote nextmaps? Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed to bits that you fixed mechanisms, but last time ACs had nextmap votes people would only play on a map for a few minutes, meaning that anyone who was half decent at doing the courses wouldn't get anywhere - just saying. I'll update my maps to add in checkpoints, and I will see if I can make some .cfg files. Also, what do I put in the .cfg files? MapTime = 30:00?
    Thanks again C
    EDIT: Also, platforms are now breakable, saws fall and I think the same probably applies with trampolines.
    I haven't checked a load of other things but I'll give u a list of things that are along the same lines, it would be really helpful if these were still there:
    Bisons and sharks couldn't be killed.
    Platforms were invulnerable.
    Saws couldn't be picked up, floated, and were invulnerable.
    Trampolines couldn't be picked up, and were invulnerable.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  3. Monkey_Feats

Thanks champ, I see your point about votes. So I raised the required percentage to pass to 90%.
    Alternatively if the server host wanted no voting system, they could remove votecore.as and defaultvotes.as from gamemode.cfg

Map times are in seconds so 30 mins = 1800 seconds - https://www.google.com.au/#q=30+minutes+in+seconds

I forgot the platforms used to break... Anyway It was mostly all done in one place so thats fixed aswell. I'll upload soon.

Olimarrex likes this.
  4. Monkey_Feats

Olimarrex likes this.
  5. Olimarrex

So uh... We tried it out and the platforms still break, and the saws can still be picked up. The only difference seems to be that you can grapple onto the saws.
    Also, I didn't mention that the server crashed every 15 minutes, according to JackMcDaniels.
    EDIT: I realise now that I think the saw issue is just based around the fact that you can pick them up when you are below them. The saws did float, I don't know about whether you could shoot them to death tho
    Also, this really is not mandatory in any way, but it'd be nice if you could make it so that you had infinite arrows. It would reduce lag in a pinch, if you didn't need to spawn with arrows, and would also make the arrow challenges that I'm thinking of easier - but I can simply just spawn an archer shop in.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  6. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats updated Parkour+ with a new update entry:

Parkour+

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 30, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 29, 2016 ---
    @Olimarrex Spawning one bunch of arrows would do nothing to server lag compared to the amount of saws and spikes in your levels.

@daskew87 If you want, you can upload this mod as an update for your assault course mod, and I'll take this one down. Since the map contest was your thread. I just uploaded it cos you haven't answered me since I asked you if you wanted me to fix it.. last year.. :note:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Olimarrex likes this.
  7. Olimarrex

Okay, now that's much better :D. You even fixed lanterns ^3^. Thanks so much m8.

8. Monkey_Feats

9. Olimarrex

Is the "arrows disappear rly quick" relating to the arrow that is dropped on the floor on player death, or the arrow that lands on the ground after being shot by the player?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  10. Monkey_Feats

The first one :)

Olimarrex likes this.