1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Forest Hill [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Didgedy, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Map name: Forest Hill
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Not really.
    Special features: Hill in the middle is heavily forested, making construction difficult until trees are removed. No trees around tent are located.
    Map: Didgedy_Forest Hill.png
    Map name: Didgedy_Forest Hill.png

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

There being only trees at mid seems alright i guess. All the gold being in a freaking waterpit at mid seems sadistic imo. The "resource spread" is non-existent imo. The goal when you place stone/gold is to make it where the map doesnt completely deteriorate as people mine it. If someone wants to just dig for 15 minutes a giant pit right before the flag would be groddy to defend/cross. I also would really be interested in seeing the hill have some deterioration in it just because it looks like that'd fit in well to your overall design.

3. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Okay, redid it a bit.
    Didgedy_ForestHill.png
    Moved some gold further up the pit
    Moved some stone from inside the hill to behind the flag
    Moved some stone closer to the surface of the hill, to add natural degradation to the terrain as the map progresses.
    Added a cool spooky thing in bedrock under the hill.

bunnie likes this.
  4. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Rejected - The mapping team has decided to reject this map.
    If you want to know what lead the mapping team to this decision please message me here on the Forum or via Discord (Ni#6332)