1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[GUIDE]: Custom Emote Key Bindings (+SECRET EMOTES)

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Achillios, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Ever wanted to change the default key binding for emotes? Sick and tired of using the emote wheel? Well you've come to the right place!

STEP ONE:
    Locate the following folder in the KAG files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\King Arthur's Gold\Base\Entities\Common\Emotes
    and open 'EmotesCommon' and 'EmoteBindings' with either Notepad (everyone has this) or the aforementioned Notepad++
    (ignore the other files)

STEP TWO:
    When you open 'EmotsCommon', you will be greeted with some code. All we are interested in is the list of emote names
    emote names.png
    Each emote is assigned with its own 'name' and 'number'. To clear any confusion, I have put together an easy guide which shows each emotes given name and number :)
    1 (1).png
    Names highlighted in BLUE are ones which are not accessible without modifying the key binding (in other words, secret emotes)

Something to note: The winky face and sunglasses face are not labeled very well in the EmotesCommon file, and the Cross emote is mixed up with the Pickup emote (winky or sun-glass emote, I have no clue which one it is) also the Check and Pickup emotee names have been mixed up in the EmotesCommon files (Devs pls fix).
    I have fixed these errors in my emote name/number list, so do not fear about making mistakes.

When you open up the 'EmotesBinding' file, you will be greeted with some more code:

bindings.png

The red column represents the numbers from 1-9 on your keyboard, while the blue column represents the emote that is bound to that key.
    To change the emote that is bound to a certain key, simply replace the number in the blue column with the number that is attributed with the emote you want to replace it with.
    For example: I want to change the smiley face that is bound to number 3 on my keyboard by default. I want to change it to the laughing emote, so I replace the number 27 (the smiley ::): emote number) with 16 (the laughing ::D: emote number).

STEP THREE:
    Close Notepad (or Notepad++), and make sure to save the files.
    When you jump into kag, try out your new emote bindings, and show off your secret emotes (if you choose) that no one else has :migrant:
    If you have any questions surrounding this guide, feel free to ask me.

Final Thoughts
    Although this method is quite quick and easy, it would be nice to see a menu implemented into the actual game where we can change key bindings for emotes.

-Ajax

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017