1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Build Videos

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gunnar, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

How about changing the FPS cap? Something in the options menu: 30 FPS, 60 FPS, No Limit or something like that ;)

2. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I think the problem is getting to 30fps not limiting it to that.

thebonesauce likes this.
  3. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

Well, here are guys that have good PCs so why limit it?

4. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

I fucking hate trapezoids.

Also KaG devs if you could release more videos and maybe a hand shandy and a coffee that'd be great.

Getting kinda antsy over here waiting. I've been thinking of remaking the capture the flag game mode and fixing everything about it I feel is broken, as well as making maps balanced around it, with this new scripting build I'll have to dig in deep and see if what I want to do is possible.

GloriousToast and AcidSeth like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If you actually got around to testing you'd know that some of the tester folk are already digging around with that, mcwhiskey ;)

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Also, fwiw the FPS is currently limited because the game logic has to update at 30fps by design, and the graphics rendering faster than that doesn't make sense without some kind of interpolation, which we dont have at this point.

Froghead48 likes this.
  7. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

good to know ;) to not expect no FPS limit in a while.. maybe never :P

8. Konoko

Konoko Shark Slayer

9. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'm torn.

In a way, I think the farming mechanics are well made, and the hat looks awesome.

On the other hand.. Is it necessary? Having to use food to keep tickets is a great idea for Roleplay servers for example but for a game mode like this, I don't know. I guess I'll have to find out if it works well when I get to play it :)

10. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

Will we be able to farm with no sunlight (like huge underground farm)?

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

If you script lamps

12. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

With all this stuff about scripting weapons and all that crazy stuff, I'm becoming less and less excited for some reason.

13. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

>seems simple
    i worry it will be really complex
    can a tester write a small step by step guide on what to do plz? :3
    Edit:
    hey classic kag was super simple compared to this
    >spawn
    >select class
    > kill
    >win

14. Geti

>get seeds from base
    >put in ground (cleared dirt)
    >beat up plant
    >pick up grain
    >put in base as food

Pretty simple.

Food is used to speed up spawning, not as a hard "tickets" system, since it's hard to rely on players to farm when they need to if they aren't paying attention (a problem I'm sure you guys know well, haha). We'll be balancing the numbers over time with testing of course.

As to whether farming is necessary, it remains to be seen on a large scale, but it's there to allow a team to constantly spawn, like in unlimited kag, without the stalemate situation brought about by having no tickets (stalemate by flooding) or having tickets that run out (stalemate by camping), and to put those builders that flat out refuse to be on frontline to good use.
    The other seeds also let you renew your wood sources, which is a major issue in current KAG ("whoops, killed the trees, doomed the team!").

The head is misaligned in the video btw, I know. However, there are a lot of new heads in this build, so that should balance it out ;)

Razzey, MooCowMan, Maverick and 8 others like this.
  15. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Gosh! I was waiting for this since the game released! =P

16. samus0000

samus0000 Builder Stabber

I have no words for this video so I will just use the faces in Kag. :huh?: :D :thumbs_up:

17. Aer

Aer Shipwright

I will return to play when released.

Can't wait Boys! :)

18. nirvanajm

nirvanajm Builder Stabber

I just cant wait

19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I CAN'T WAIT!
    i really wanna beat up some carrots :p

20. xChapx