1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Clash of the Sundered Kingdom

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Contrary, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

[​IMG]
    Welcome stranger. I see you've lost your way. From King Arthur's realm are you? You poor thing, if only you had stayed safe at home. For centuries our land has been torn by savage war. Eight siblings and their armies, each fighting for control over their father's legacy. It is a cruel land, even more than your own. But I have seen you in my magic ball. You were brought here for a purpose.

You are destined for greatness young warrior. But to fulfill your destiny you must join our war. There is glory lain out for you, but it is a tough road ahead. You will face many challenges and meet many challengers, some who will become fierce allies and some who will become eternal rivals.

Well young one, are you interested? Do you want me to accept your destiny? You can turn back now... Or you could accept and become a hero.

The Clash of the Sundered Kingdom

Welcome warriors new and old to the Clash of the Sundered Kingdom. This is a competitive KAG league where eight teams will compete for fun and glory.

The oracle will ordain which house is meant for you and from that point on you will report to your house leader and co-leader who will schedule battles and training sessions.

The format is CTF with a few modifications to better suit it to a competitive format. Class changing during a match will be prohibited and each team will have three knights, one archer, and one builder. The map pool will be hand picked by our team of professionals and further changes may follow as the league develops.

The teams will play first in a best of three round robin before competing in a best of five double elimination tournament, with the grand finals being held as a best of seven. The matches will be played on a map and each matchup the attacking team will choose a territory of their enemy to attack.

About the Armies:
    [​IMG] House Antinanco - Duke Antinanco is known as a fair leader and a master strategist. He cares for his people, doing his best to limit casualties and fighting only when necessary. In his personal life he is a quiet man, only seen to lose his temper in the face of his twin brother and fiercest rival, Cedric.

[​IMG] House Cedric - Where his brother is quiet and careful, Cedric is loud and reckless. A great beast of a man he is known for charging headfirst into battle. He is powerful but short tempered and leaves little time for thinking.

[​IMG] House Silvia - While known for her beauty and elegance, Silvia is also proud and haughty. She is fair to those who show her proper respect but is quickly enraged by those who slight her. She is disdained by much of the land but commands a a fierce loyalty from her people.

[​IMG] House Moire - A ladies man perpetually unsuccessful, he is the butt of many jokes. Moire is often considered nothing more than the youngest brother but behind his antics he is a dependable friend and brilliant architect.

[​IMG] House Jose - "Everyone is an idiot" sums up Jose's philosophy. A harshly critical man, Jose is famous for his unfriendly personality. While it is not useful at parties, Jose's keen eye for flaws make him a potent tactician. Particularly in the art of siege there is no one who can equal his knack for taking apart a well-built defense.

[​IMG] House Thea - Full of compassion, Thea is known for her kindness and love. Yet still she sends her soldier to kill and die. Thea is ambitious and she believes in her heart that she is the only one who can end the war, and the only one that would be able to bring peace.

House Nodin - Like his siblings, Nodin desires the throne fire and foremost. But Nodin has one other great passion. Gold. Known for his garish displays of wealth Nodin's clothing, dinnerware, and home are all plated with gold. Despite his greed Nodin is the most honourable of all the siblings and even where his desires are concerned he can always be trusted to play by the rules.

House Grimm - A cunning, vicious man who lives by violence. While Cedric is known to take joy in fighting, this brother is known to take joy in killing. He is feared by all his siblings and only respects one thing: power
    Requirements:
    • KAG Premium Account and Beta/Release Client
    • A Forum Account
    • The ability to check the forums at least once a week.
    Entering:
    If you are interested, please fill out an application here.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

FAQ:
    • What is the purpose of this?
      • The purpose of this is to provide a competitive KAG experience to people without having to be in a clan and to have different sections of the community get along better.
    • Am I allowed to join, even if I'm new?
      • Yes, leaders of the house you belong to (and whoever they designate to help out) will be helping you train with others in practice matches, in preparation for the tourney.
    • How do I sign up?
    • Do I need Steam to Join?
      • No, it's optional. If you have Steam and you use it to play KAG however, feel free to post your username in the provided location in the Application format.
    • How will I know if I made it in?
      • Your house leader will send you an invite into your house's social group once groups have been decided
    • Do we get to choose which house to join?
      • No, houses will be assigned pesudo-randomly (people who have been playing often will be on different teams so that there is no team stacking and have one group doomed to start)
    • Can I join a different house if I don't like my current one?
      • Possibly, it really depends on the circumstances. Someone getting transferred to a different house will mostly likely happen only if they are causing problems within the group and can't get along with the rest of them. People will be unlikely to be transferred for more simple reasons like having a friend in a different house.
    • What settings is this tourney going to be running?
      • This will be played in a slightly modded version of CTF. It'll be modded in such a way so that it's more competitive based. Rules may change in between tourneys if they need changing however as this is the first attempt at creating a competitive league for KAG since Beta was released.
    • What do I get if I win?
      • Glory and bragging rights
    • Are you a girl?
      • No but I can be for you, if you want me to.
    If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

Aeroblitzer and Scrub like this.
  3. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Really great idea! Can't join since my schedule is unpredictable. Is anyone planning to stream/record the games? Would love to actually watch some of the competitive action in Beta. Wonder how it will play out. It probably will need quite a few mods since there are so many underused but easily abused things. Food/water/ etc.

Guitarman likes this.
  4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Is "House Jose" and his ideas supposed to represent Kouji?

5. Bint

Bint Haxor

I don't suppose I need a steam account do I?

6. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Doesn't seem like it.

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I don't honestly understand why class switching should be prohibited. You're just closing an array of strategies and making games more predictable.

Rayne, Chowderman, franek123 and 2 others like this.
  8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'd totally join... but it kinda depends on when this will begin. :o

9. I really like this idea guys.

10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

First of all, thank you for the feedback. There has been almost no exploration of competitive in KAG Beta so far and therefore the format will be a work in progress and is something we are planning to change weekly as play develops. So please, if any of you have suggestions as to the game mode or any of the ways in which we are handling this, feel free to comment.

That said here is what I said on the subject while discussing the rules for this league:
    I don't know how long it will take for this to fill up, but I estimate actual matches will be played within two weeks.

edit: Also if you are interested in playing don't hesitate to sign up. We have a number of other players already confirmed the game so we're really at about ~25% of our target playercount.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    Joiken likes this.
  11. You should get a way to add Princess Geti to all the maps cuz who doesn't want a blonde guy in tight pants, right?

12. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

The questions really remind me of Tactics Ogre. It's pretty awesome concept.

13. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

I like the idea and it'll be good to get another league going. Was just wondering if you are planning to fully enlist all the teams and then lock them before starting the league, or if people will be added (/moved) throughout?

The problem with the first is that teams might start to suffer from player attrition as people disappear or lose interest, without the benefit of clans being able to recruit the numbers back up as in clan leagues. The problem with the second is that it allows the league organisers rather a lot of influence in the success of teams depending on where they allocate (perceived) good players and, if they take pains to balance or reshuffle the teams, renders the win/lose record of a team secondary to that of the individual players.

Neither problem is insurmountable I was just wondering which direction you were thinking of going with it.

14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

@SAcptm, it's not 100% set in stone, but IIRC, we decided that we would allow players to join houses even after applications "close" since a Competitive KAG game isn't the only aim; as trying to strengthen the community through rivalry, friendship, hardships, despair, joy, necrophilia, and team-spirit is also the other goal.

Players already sorted into houses won't be moved around during a season unless extenuating circumstances as I stated in the FAQ. If some players turn out to be better than expected, oh well then, but skill won't be a reason for reshuffling in the middle of the league. However, if this does go off successfully and we get to a 2nd season, people within houses might be resorted, but that's still too far off to think about.

@Yagger, that's actually the name Ej chose. I did write the "fluff" part of the descriptions however. I'm personally supposed to be in charge of head Silvia. Also in case you are wondering about two of the house icons that are currently missing (Contrary is working on them, but having a bit of a hard time making one of them), House Nodin will have a Wolf and House Grimm will be a Shark.

@Sirpixelot, it's been deleted by another mod, but seriously please stop posting off-topic (this also applies to others who may attempt to do the same thing). You can mix in a joke here or there as long as the majority of your post is on topic. This thread is here for people to ask about information about additional info that wasn't made clear, get hyped about it, or make suggestions; it wasn't made for off topic.

If you want to hit on me, go ahead and do it on my profile. I already have Verra-chan anyways, so I'll just end up saying no.

Scrub likes this.
  15. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Could we get a full list of the available houses?

16. Kouji

It's in the OP under About the Armies, click the spoiler tag (Guess I'll edit the post so it's a bit more visible though). Icons are currently: Eagle, Bear, Stag, Bison, Owl and lastly Hare/Rabbit (wolf and shark pending ofc). Names of each house are right after the icons.

17. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

What if you can't be on all the time? My timezone is GMT +12 but I am on after school. Does it require talking with Skype, mumble, TS3 or any others? I usually can't talk though.

Thanks,
    RougeCupcake

18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

For some reason, this image seems pretty pertinent.

The King Arthur's Gold: and the War of the High Lords[​IMG]

crackwise likes this.
  19. Kouji

You don't have to be on all the time, you just need to have access to the forums enough so that if your house leader contacts you with information (about whether or not you will be playing in the next match, what time it is and so on) you'll see read said info before it's too late. If you check the forums at least once or twice a week at the minimum, you'll be fine. Also, we know that not everyone is available at any given time which is why you are asked to post both your time zone and average time of play.

As far as whether or not you'll use TS3, Skype or Mumble really depends on whether your House decides to use it or not. I will say that it'll probably be advantageous for a House to have Voice Com in a full match but I'm pretty sure it won't be required.

20. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Hey, this is a pretty cool idea!
    @Kouji Who is the leader for each house? (Are we allowed to know yet?)

EDIT: Also, I think House Nodin should be represented with a lion (proud nature and flashy) and Grimm with a serpent (for obvious reasons).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    Joiken likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.