1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classic KAG regular meetups! (Australia/Asia/NZ)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaizokuroof, Nov 24, 2016.

1. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hello friends, comrades, lovers and countrymen,

I'm looking to get a regular meetup happening for classic KAG. Something like once every 2 weeks on a Thursday night, for a few hours, to play some RTDM and or small custom CTF maps (4-6 a side). Anyone interested, hit me up here, via PM, post in the thread, or if you have me on steam talk to me there.

If you're outside of Australia and want to join in, by all means, you're welcome but your ping will be extraordinarily great 300+

Hope to hear from someone/anyone.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

UPDATED POST DETAILS:

Alright guys - I posted a "When is good". Rather than using this as the exact date/time, treat it as a regular week. Paint times over that you are regularly free and we'll pick the day with the most people available and try to meet-up on that day once every two weeks. If there are a couple days, maybe we can do multiple meetups, it's up to all of us to find a time that works for all of us.

Your responses: http://whenisgood.net/3dwrnbs
    Results: http://whenisgood.net/3dwrnbs/results/3k3xzse

Remember to select your TIMEZONE!!!! and put your name there. I realise shit might be getting busy for people during Christmas time, so lets get the regular meetups set in stone by next year (lol) - but we can at least try and sort it out now and get a few games happening

If you want to reach me easily: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029318537/ - add me on steam and tell me who you are.

Any maps you want me to include, post away here and I'll check them out. Probably won't be doing mods for a little while, pretty keen on RTDM and CTF.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Noonan, eric999, Gurin and 5 others like this.
  2. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Sign me up!

kaizokuroof likes this.
  3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

This sounds like a great way to get people back into classic. I've always wanted to play it but there never seemed to be anyone online from AUS.
    Maybe start a Discord channel for this. It could be a hub for classic KAG.

kaizokuroof and joshua12131415 like this.
  4. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Yes! There are some really good classic mods too 25252525
    If anyone still has the mod files to any of these mods especially this one, plz gib. @marcochanyh is the best modder but is inactive ::(:

kaizokuroof likes this.
  5. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'll set a discord server up a little later for sure. Glad to see some interest already, please spread the word! Lets breathe some life back into such an awesome game.

epsilon likes this.
  6. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Sounds good, would love to play some good ol' classic

kaizokuroof likes this.
  7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I'll join some games if I have the time. Should be cool.

8. kaizokuroof

Don't get me wrong, the new game is fantastic, but for me "Classic" KAG is a wash of nostalgia. The bomb-jumps and parkour were a lot of fun. My favourite game mode would have to be RTDM on the default map list. Perhaps you didn't play Classic? or maybe you played too much? Either way, I'd say we already have enough people in the same region to have a game :D

9. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

There will be team platforms???

I'm in!

10. Depending on times, (Thursday night should always be good for me), you can count me and my usually awful internet in as well for old time's sake.

On that note, can I pretty please have ping ban immunity? ::P:

11. Kbowl

Kbowl Catapult Fodder

From the UK, but I would love to!
    I'm in :)

kaizokuroof likes this.
  12. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

kaizokuroof likes this.
  13. lil4eyes

lil4eyes Bison Rider

I'm down

kaizokuroof likes this.
  14. kaizokuroof

Check OP for updated details/whenisgood and such.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 26, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 24, 2016 ---
    So Saturdays are looking pretty good. Friday is also looking okay for some RTDM, or small CTF. I'll have a server up tonight if yall are free. Here is the Discord channel (Hosted in AUS) sorry yourpa :(

https://discord.gg/Xkp7dg7
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 26, 2016 ---
    Update - I'll have the server up for 8 o'clock - Probably before, but this is only a temporary server, so it won't be up for good just yet. My fileshare computer, which housed all my previous KAG installs exploded yesterday, so once it's fixed it'll stay online. Obviously if no one can make it (such short notice) it's all good. I have a housemate for some 1 v 1 at least!

joshua12131415, toffie0 and epsilon like this.
  15. Atheon

Atheon Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Re-downloaded Kag Classic !

kaizokuroof likes this.
  16. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

Well, here are four maps which I use for my own CTF. I've made them myself, however it might be a bit plain.
    Feel free to edit the maps.
    TKA CTF Map2.png TKA CTF Map1.png TKA CTF Map4.png TKA CTF Map3.png

They are all 300 x 150 in size.

17. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor

I'm in! Even if i'm in canada. Could give a sumo and a bombjump gamemode

18. kaizokuroof

Might be a little big. I'll see about editing them if/when I get time. I'm think half that, say 150. Remember we're only expecting 10 people for a "large" group. Hence why RTDM is usually a safe bet.

If you've got the configs, can you PM them to me?

@@@@@@@@@@

Should we get a game organised for next weekend - Saturday? at 8PM (GMT +10) - you do the conversions. Remember to joint he Discord and respond in the RSVP if you can and can't make it.

19. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor

When will it be for gmt-5

20. Elf

Elf Bison Rider
    1. A Special Forces [SF#]

I'm in.
    Also, I hope someone will at last use my maps ;-;
    If either of the maps won't work, save them in paint in 24 bit .bmp in paint.
    map3.png
    They are aimed at RTDM but can be used for small CTF if small map is needed.

Attached Files: