1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

need help with autoconfig its a bug

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by chrissf, May 31, 2017.

1. chrissf

chrissf Haxor

for some reason when i change the server name in autoconfig it dosent match it it just says dedicated kag server and the rcon command /rcon /sv_name dosent work eather its a bug or something messed up iam preaty sure its a bug i deleated kag and reinstailled it its still bugged for some reason not sure why it happened when i was seting up a classic server in the classic autoconfig/ and i deleated kag classic still wont fix itself werid

2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

There's really no way somebody can help you with this limited information, you could post the file and take screenshots/video of what's going on and also explain how you're hosting this. I'm assuming that this server is hosted off your own computer and not a hosting site like gshost, seeing as on gshost you wouldn't need to edit the autoconfig.

3. chrissf

chrissf Haxor

iam hosting it on my computer/laptop/desktop iam on windows 8 iam not sure why its bugged should i post my whole kag folder just in case ?

Attached Files:

an_obamanation likes this.
  4. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Did not notice this was kag classic at first, i'm a beta player so I can't really help. I did however try setting up a small server using gshost and I experienced name issues as well that I haven't been able to fix with basic attempts so you're not alone in that department.

Only thing I can really do is give you my fresh autoconfig file that I got for downloading classic briefly to try and figure this out.

@Vamist Hosts much more beta than classic but maybe he could help? I hope someone with more knowledge about classic can help you out. Have a good day.

Attached Files:

5. chrissf

chrissf Haxor

no the problem is on the beta server nameing but when i tryed to host classic it fucked up both classic and beta etc