1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Lizardheim, Sep 29, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

Interestingly it looks like there's a sequel to BF2142 in development. It will use the same engine as BF3 and will probably end up as a cooler, more polished and possibly more streamlined version of BF3 in 2142's setting of semi-realistic near-futuristic hoverjets, energy shields, levitating battleships and cloaking fields.

Castiel likes this.
  2. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Vehicular man-slaughter is much more fun than running around in a very small map shooting each other in the same area, with no vehicular man-slaughter...or drivable vehicles...
    Agh, CoD has no vehicles! i require tanks that arent confined in a 10x10 box like map!
    Bf3 on terms of vehicles all the way!

Castiel likes this.
  3. Castiel

Castiel Shipwright

As much as i loath joining a debate about which console is better I'm definitely on the 360 side. Yes games are cheaper and better on the PC but I've gotten so used to my 360 now I wouldn't sell it. Sure it doesnt have the best graphics and the hardware is outdated now but I personally find it so much more sociable than the PS3 or PC and I only really play it with my friends now (that will change when BF3 is delivered on Friday xD). This is just my honest opinion....

4. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Man...I would love this game, but yet again this is another game I wont buy...Romania sucks man...I mean I know everybody feels the effects of the world crisis, but most of you can still afford spending money on games, we couldnt do that even before the crisis affected us.

I mean we are not that poor, but it`s still a shame we have to put away things we would like because we have bills to pay :\

World sucks, and it`s all our fault.

5. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Shopkeep Stealer

6. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Wow you must be good at BF3.

P.S. Cod takes no skill but to move a mouse.MW3 is also not worth $60 at all.Its should be a $10-$20 DLC at best.

7. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

So, you've just summarised the entire first person genre?

Damn, this whole thread is a BF3 circlejerk.

Contrary likes this.
  8. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Never said BF3 was different.

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Both CoD and BF3 suck shit and should not be played.

There, I saved myself an hour of reading and everyone in this thread an unnecessary conversation.

Oh wait, I was too late for the latter.

WarrFork, Noburu and AJ like this.
  10. Lizardheim

Honestly I think y'all should just shut the fuck up and let everyone play whatever the hell games they want to play.
    Don't like COD?`Don't play it. Don't like BF3? Don't play that either. Live and let live man.

Eggnogg and Contrary like this.
  11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If I let them live they are going to try to tea bag people in real life when they finally turn into adults

12. Lizardheim

So what? If you see someone doing that on the street just punch them and tell them "NO, BAD DOG.".

13. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I've played and loved all the BF games up to BF2, and I've played and loved all the CoD games up to CoD4.
    Do they suck? No.
    Are they worth $100? Probably not, as with that much money I could buy 50 or more smaller games.
    Does that mean I don't think they are good games? No, I think they're fantastic.
    If you love one FPS but hate another, for no discernible reason, I have already lost the ability to listen to you.
    Haters GTFO.

14. Grey

Grey Shark Slayer

BF's 3 engine is fantastic . I'm going to buy new computer and the game next month :B):

15. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

16. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Add soullcath if you want
    <-

17. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

No offense but I have problems believing that they could sell that game a discount by so much. If I could be less paranoid i would've bought the game :p

18. Lizardheim

In Russia games are cheaper, plus they get em straight from EA there.

It's naive to think that a game key costs more than the current price tag someone's put on it, considering how you can copy software like this infinite times without degrading it, unlike a photocopy.

19. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

If you wanna try going the other way, just try shipping the game from Australia! :P
    Here, BF3 costs ~$90 last time I checked.

20. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I would say that it does take skill if you play on the Wii, but then again everyone either uses a classic controller (like a ps3 controller) or Aim Assist

Mods: BlueLuigi