1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Combat fixes and Exploit patches

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 2, 2012.

1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Yea, I noticed that shortly after I posted... so it's pretty broken then.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

new idea STOP WITH THE FLASHES. just played a bit couldn' do very well do my screen flashes quite a bit.
    seizure warning: imminent (jk)

3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Maybe you should stop using a CRT monitor.

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Flashes? Is this just with bombs? I haven't noticed many, but I also haven't noticed many bombs in my play recently.

5. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

It's not with bombs. I think the flashes come whenever I get hit or when I fall down from a decent height. They lasts more or less a second. But in the knight close combat, it can be deadly.
    Also has anyone managed to do that super flying slash jump on purpose? happens quite often to me never on purpose. all i notice is if you double slash an enemy (shielding?)

6. BlueLuigi

Sounds like you're having a graphical glitch of sorts, in which case take a video and report it.

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  7. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

I can't.

8. palmito

palmito Shopkeep Stealer

this is too good ! :D

9. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

Knight combat still buggy, slashes don't work always and shield bashes make you fly away really far

10. BlueLuigi

This is a list of things to expect I believe, not things that are in.

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Not yet you can't, but once the next update comes out...

12. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Downwards slashes don't work well if your going diagonal they seem to stun for some reason.
    Collisions make no sense anymore and are very random.
    I slashed a guy and he was sent flying to the other side of the map, again no sense.

inactive_account and Harold7 like this.
  13. DustStorm

DustStorm Shipwright

theres an arrow hit-marker bug that needs to be fixed....For example:
    If you are fireing long distance shots, the arrows sometimes do not damage the opponents

14. GhostyS

GhostyS Shopkeep Stealer

It is probably because you are shooting through a trap bridge, for some reason it renders the arrow harmless. Sometimes you could shoot someone and the arrow just sticks in them and does no damage, I am not sure of the cause of the latter.

15. Evan5567

Evan5567 Shark Slayer
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Any ETA on the next update?

delankski likes this.
  16. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

i agree .:) when and what will happen on the next update?

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Quick morning postbomb:

ETA is Friday, though it depends on getting the zombies bugs sorted. Mostly happy with how that's gone the last few weeks though.
    What will happen: Read the threads posted at least each week on changes made since last build ;)

"Sometimes you could shoot someone and the arrow just sticks in them and does no damage, I am not sure of the cause of the latter. " this can happen if the arrow is travelling lower than the minimum damage velocity, but also happens sometimes on network hang events.
    "If you are fireing long distance shots, the arrows sometimes do not damage the opponents " This is likely due to you lagging. If everyone's playing on the same ping, arrows will land dead centre every time. There's no way of allowing arrows to work clientside without allowing opk hacks (literally someone sending I KILLED THIS PERSON AND THAT PERSON AND THEN THIS PERSON and the server not being able to say anything against it) -> there is no way of getting around lag. Play on a nearer server.

"Downwards slashes don't work well if your going diagonal they seem to stun for some reason.
    Collisions make no sense anymore and are very random.
    I slashed a guy and he was sent flying to the other side of the map, again no sense. "
    a) yeah, this is because slashes speed you up, and higher vel = fall damage with the new fall damage system (much better than the hold one, where gliding caused you to die earlier and all sorts of strange tings). We're working on ways of solving this through this week (as well as other changes to fall damage, especially landing on people, as I'm not happy with how that ended up being implemented (not by me))
    b) tricky issue, but we're working on this too as its important for zombies.
    c) this is the same issue as b, clientside physics. Sadly that's also the reason you can get around corners with lag without rubber banding in this game. The tweak that caused some of the extra strangeness is being revoked though, afaik.
    Yes you can. Build a stone block over a stone block to repair it. Build a door over a door to repair it.
    Unless you're being daft, that's how repairing bridges will work in the coming build(s)

18. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

About all this client/serverside disagreement, some things seem to be completely desynchronized between all clients and the server. For instance, throwing a bomb straight down will ALWAYS make it appear to arc to the side more than it really did, until it teleports some place nearer, much to the dismay of people underneath. I've seen this visual glitch confirmed between many different players and it would seem that the server actually assigns a start velocity different from the one that the client predicts.

EDIT: Hold on, maybe it's the other way around. Can't really remember at the moment, but either way there's something weird about throwing bombs straight down.

Please -snip- your posts or I will be forced to warn you. ~fbb

19. BlueLuigi

Also doors, it's just dreadful.

Bombs thrown very short distances are getting this more and more as well.

That said, I can say that you guys should enjoy these new test builds coming out, I've been attempting to divert my massive annoyance and rage with the last hundred or so builds into testing recently and I've seen that what other testers are recommending and what's been being changed is great, I actually find the test builder dramatically funner to play on than the real thing out right now.

I believe many changes will be made to combat soon once they can all be nailed down too, which should be awesome.

WanderMark, SARGRA13 and Ghozt like this.
  20. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Well , let's TGIF for that :)
    Thanks Geti !