1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mount Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wired, May 5, 2012.

?

Do you want mounts in the game?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Other (Please specify below)

8 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. knightl

knightl Base Burner

A lance is just a piece of wood (sometimes metal) that is very heavy but is rather blunt at the end at most times, without the momentum um of the horse it would be like poking someone with a pig

2. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

Well since I heard bison are going to be added I have been thinking, these are not traditional mounts, but you can still have some fun with them. What if when bison are spawned (during a battle, if not in the overworld I guess.) a knight could attempt to ride it, the bison would attempt to buck the knight off, and trample anyone who gets in the way (possible only enemies to avoid Kag's favorite pastime, griefing.) he would have limited ontrol over the beast, but would still have a hard time keeping it going in a certain direction. The knight could also let go, and if he timed it right he could use the upward momentum of the buck to "jump". Of course there would be a myriad of ways for the knight to injure/kill himself, and enemies who damage the bison could make it more dangerous for the knight by further enraging it.

3. GhostyS

GhostyS Shopkeep Stealer

If there was mounts, then the only one that can attack while on them should be the lancer, since that is his prominent feature

You are thinking of a jousting lance, the ceremonial ones. The ones they used in battle were practically massive spears.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  4. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Yup. It changed throughout history too, ranging from the man length spears of the Cataphracts of the Near East around 2k years ago, to the ludicrously long and heavy lances of the Gendarme of France (what most people picture when they think of a knight, incidentally).

FuzzyBlueBaron and Stevedog like this.
  5. GhostyS

GhostyS Shopkeep Stealer

I always love history lessons. :D

6. You know what mount I want? People. PIGGYBACKING FTW.

Bunnyboy and Dark_Ham like this.
  7. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Do you want mounts in game?
    Yes, variation to attacks are nice but I hope they aren't lancer only and that you can use them for transport too instead of just charging in the field.
    What mounts do you want to see in game?
    Wraiths and builders.
    Whats your dream mount?
    [​IMG]
    Should all be allowed?
    Yes, but only lancer should be allowed to attack.

Im_a_Turtle likes this.
  8. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

What's your dream mount? A mount made out of gold and diamonds.
    My Dream <3 :rollseyes:

9. gamerrjames

gamerrjames Horde Gibber

omg! lol yea, i want a black polar bear....that shits rainbows and flies

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Haha oh man.

Just want bison and horses, if we can ride chickens or pick them up zelda style though it would be hilarious.

also gregs of course.

Bunnyboy likes this.
  11. GamerOnline

GamerOnline Catapult Fodder

Regarding mounts, I'd have to say yes.

Horses would make a good general mount for everyone. Their breed (stats) and training could determine their effectiveness for their riders. Knights in heavy armor would want one that's durable.

Edit: Other alternative mount types would, of course, also be perfectly fine, IMHO. But they should depend on the game's style. Fantasy vs. Reality etc. To what extremes should the game go? Could mounts be a sign of combat prowess? Special rewards? Should some be faster or slower? Practical vs. Vanity?

Edit2: Riding chickens...if not giant chickens, then chickens = roller skates.

---8<---

On a side note, this is my first post as a new community member (hello world).

12. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Let us be able to mount eachother, then we'll talk ;D

Gamerbro and BlueLuigi like this.
  13. Rayne and Kouji already do it.

14. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Mounts would be great! I reckon everyone should be able to ride mounts as knights are hard to kill as archer, but if they get a mount they would be bloody invincible. I personally believe there should be bisons and horses and turtles. Builders ride turtles, which double the size of a builders invenitory, but move slightly slower than the actuall builder.. Knights should be able to ride bisons, which are stronger than horses but move slightly slower. Horses are the weakest mount, but can carry extra arrows for the archer. This is just my opinion. Oh, everyone can ride Gregs.

15. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

My dream mount would be a greg :D
    </br>--- merged: Jun 19, 2012 9:35 AM ---</br>
    I think the turtles should be really slow on ground but really fast in water :3

16. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Great idea! this slipped my mind entirely but is a great idea!lso, when knight rides a bison, it should get a special charge attack that rams through stone blocks, but can only be used every 2 minuts or so.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 19, 2012 9:39 PM ---</br>
    O, forgot. Everyone can ride Every mount, they just don't get the special abilities of another's mount (e.g. if an archer rode a turtle, it would get to go quickly in water, but dosn't have double invenitory. If a builder rode the bison, it would have a tough mount, but no charge attack). A new ability for the horse is that it can jump over high walls (only avalible to archer, as it is the lightest class, letting the horse jump).

17. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

I want to ride a War Elephant into battle, with about 3 other builders on board...We shall storm the tower!
    Seriously, if their aren't siege elephants I shall be disappointed.

18. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

NO ELEPHANTS!!! It has been scientifically proven that they suck!

You see? One archer is all it takes!!!

Tyngn and Gamerbro like this.
  19. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

It is scientifically proven that archers absolutely ROCK!

ComboBreaker, Tyngn and KnightGabe13 like this.
  20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

1. Legolas is An AMAZING Archer
    2. thats like comparing a noob to chuck norris in kicking
    3. i want a velocirapter carrying a rocket launcher riding a dolphin as a mount

AgeOfMe and HERaLD like this.