1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG as an iPhone/iPad app: Plausible? Would you pay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpitfireXero, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

i wont pay. i already payed so if it comes i will play it.

2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I personally have no clue how it could work.

3. take

take Builder Stabber

well, you have a control stick on the left, and then one button for 'left click' and one for 'right click' on the right. then two above those for action and emote menus, which will actually be faster than the mouse. plenty of space for the game, and the upcoming iPad3 should capable of running it.

again, i'm NOT saying that it's gonna happen, nor that i have any experience in iOS development or the work it would take to port it over, only that it would be awesome and sure to get a ton of exposure as there's nothing else like it on iOS, with the exception of maybe junk jack [which has no multiplayer or character customization whatsoever]. purely hypothetical.

4. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

No way at all. I cannot imagine a worse KAG experience than playing it on iphone. It will probably happen as one can make lots of cash on the App Store and everyone and their brother wants to become the next Notch.

5. lasam17

lasam17 Bison Rider

I totally think there should be an iPhone app! The controls would not be a problem: same as minecraft pe, but tap to attack or build.

6. Wolftrait

Wolftrait Builder Stabber

Yeah, I think controls on a tablet would be weird.
    KAG would probably do a lot better on something like the vita or perhaps even better, on Xbox Live/Playstation Network.

7. Woah, major Necromancy in here! Lasam you monster!
    (I'll give my view on it though, what the hell.)

On the ipad/ipod/iphone/ifridge, the controls just wouldn't fit. I could see it on something w/ a control stick or D-pad, though. But touch screen interfaces are BLEH for gaming; especially KAG.

That's just me, though. Maybe it could work? Everything would need to get finished on the PC first, which will take over a year.

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Would be easy on something like a DS or PSVita honestly, but pure touch screen, you are right it would suck badly.

sj67 likes this.
  9. Wired

Wired Liberated Signature Monkey Donator

I would pay, I would play the hell out of it even in the control scheme was a bit messy. Probably a bit bias because I can't play it on my PC at the moment so yearning for some Kag. But I would prefere to have it on PSVita if it where to be on any hand held.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

I wouldn't pay for it because it would be to different and I would not know how to play it. And this will probably not happen, if it does it would take years and years. I rather play it on the PlayStation 3 or thee X-box 360 because it's easier to control.

11. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

No, just.... no.....

They need to finish KAG before they put it on the appstore.

Chinizz and Redigit like this.
  12. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Making a straight port with compatibility with PC servers is a pipe dream. Simplifying the ui and the mechanics of the game- specifically terrain manipulation- would be a must.

Also it'd just function better as an android based app altogether. Don't think we should waste our time working with devil technology whose SDK you have to pay for.

BlueLuigi likes this.