1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WiP] Custom Guard Heads

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by ParaLogia, May 11, 2012.

1. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Are you a guard or wish to be one? Would you rather not have the same exact head as all the other guards?
    Then this is the pack for you!!!

Anyways, I basically took the premium heads and added guard hats on them. It's harder than it sounds, because there was a lot of tweaking necessary. Copy-paste doesn't cut it. Plus, this is my first time doing any sort of texturing. I added some custom stuff to distinguish certain heads, and plan to add more (if I'm not too lazy).
    Also, I have yet to do female heads.
    I made female heads too!
    guards.jpg
    There's probably a few errors. Report them if you can! Also if you have any suggestions!

How to install
    I'm not sure the best way to do it but this is how I would do it:
    • Rename MaleHeads.png and FemaleHeads.png to something else (don't forget what)
    • Save the images as MaleHeads.png and FemaleHeads.png to Base>Sprites
    • Play!

Attached Files:

hans_02, FG, Rayne and 2 others like this.
  2. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

Wow... now I wish I was a guard. GETI, MAKE ME GUARD!

Jomppexx likes this.
  3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You don't have to BE a guard to FEEL and LOOK like a guard, with my pack.
    Although only you can see it :rollseyes:

Ghozt likes this.
  4. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Hmmm,if other guards have the guard hat on,but they dont have this tp will they be able to see it?I mean they have the hat as well coz they're a actual guard

5. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

It already is in this pack,it replaces the builder head.

6. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

err not to be rude but... that ruins the recognition of being a guard...

7. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

You can still see guards with the green name.

8. Saverous

Yeah but still, having that awesome hat gets you higher in the social structure dosen't it?

9. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

In KAG, I think there is less of a 'social structure', and more of a 'social bundle'. Survival of the fittest, virtual selection, what?

10. Saverous

Actually there is a social structure, those who post a lot, Kouji, Ghozt, Noboru...... etc. Those people are considered the "top" of the social structure as their opinions and words influence more than other people. This is feudalism, the social structure. Those who are more recognized (KAG Guards and hight posting members) are Lords and Kings, High-Middle classes(medium posting people, active but not so much recognized) Tenants in chief, Middle classes ( members occasionally plays KAG) tenants, and those who are guests and are relatively new to the game: peasents.

So you see, there is a "social" structure in the forums. Whilst, KAG guards are top of the structure, lets not ruin their benefits.

Kouji and trelawney like this.
  11. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Who cares about the social structure. The reason why we have guards is to stop griefers, hackers and swearing in game.

WarrFork, Smalcon and BlueLuigi like this.
  12. Saverous

This is about having Guard hats, not the purpose of KAG guards. Anyway, KAG hats would look stupid tattically, if your hiding in a bush and your long hat sticks out, your dead.

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah, on those first two, last one not so sure about there.

thebonesauce likes this.
  14. Saverous

Well, the Guard heads are still going to be a disadvantage, soon everyone will have Guard heads and thats going to look messy.

15. Smalcon

Smalcon Catapult Fodder

...Whats all this rubish!?

16. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

So where exactly do I fit in? LAWL

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

no where, boners.

I'd like to consider everyone as equal, I may be a moderator, but I'm also a player, the same as all of you.
    And to be honest, if we guards had to stick to some kind of code, like not cussing or whatever, I'd quit and just be a player anyways, I need to be able to tell someone "fuck you" if I feel the need be.

Also, we should get on-topic :)

I really like what you did with this pack Paralogia, had a great laugh when I opened that spoiler :p

Blueboy23, Boxpipe, WarrFork and 2 others like this.
  18. Saverous

Back on topic: you know what, screw this, just give everyone Guard hats. :-)

19. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

[/quote]
    :huh?: so first you wanted only guards to have the hats, now you want everyone to have them.

WarrFork likes this.
  20. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It's client-side, so who cares.

Boxpipe and BlueLuigi like this.