1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Question about walls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PlasmaBunny, May 17, 2012.

1. PlasmaBunny

PlasmaBunny Catapult Fodder

i heard that wooden walls are coming and just a question
    1 are they coming
    2 When are they coming

thank you

Creille likes this.
  2. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Wooden walls? :D that'd be awesome :)

3. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

1 yes.
    2 when the developers think its time.

Ghozt likes this.
  4. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Wooden walls don't really provide any real additional gameplay right now, since stone is usually way easier to get than wood on most maps. So, it seems like more of an overworld feature (it will be a while off). I think wooden walls will probably come in with the unit trees and all, since you will probably have to build up to stone walls, starting off with only wooden walls. It just seems to be the most likely place to put it in the current planned development.

And don't worry, they will come eventually. Once fire gets added, everyone is going to want stuff to burn.

Wixmef, Jomppexx and Contrary like this.
  5. FG

FG Fran Donator

what if wooden walls will be stronger than the stone wall then it will stop from collapsing.
    or you place a wooden wall over the stone wall and it gets stronger.

6. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Stone is going to be more scarce (not just overworld talking here) and longer to mine, Wood buildings have been rumoured to have a release about the time that siege weapons come in, which is after fire.
    Wood will not be stronger than stone as a few ideas have been floating around that stone might not be placeable unless its on wooden buildings

7. CoD

CoD Haxor

Yeah, you couldn't have wooden walls without FIRE!

8. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

I heard some where in a later build that each team will start off with a wooden fort.

Jomppexx and Smalcon like this.
  9. Coldkenny

Coldkenny Drill Rusher

1) They're going to be with flaming arrows traps and all those stuff, it costs cheaper to build but it is flameable
    2) No one knows.