1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mount and Blade Series

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Templar_Frost, May 24, 2012.

?

What's your favorite M&B game?

1. Original

3.8%
  2. Warband

75.0%
  3. Fire and Sword

9.6%
  4. Napoleonic Wars

11.5%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Here it is folks, the best medieval simulator series to be ever created, Mount and Blade.

Personally, I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this yet.

2. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Single player is fun, multiplayer is shit. When I first heard about multiplayer, I expected it to be like single-player, with overworld, town/castle sieges, village raiding and stuff. But instead the simple battles were given.

3. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

By far warband, love that game :) Especially the 100+ player siege servers :D In warband, even multiplayer is fun in my opinion.

4. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Aye. I remember first time playing Mount and Blade. I didn't jump on until rather late in its development but it was still incredibly glitchy. Nonetheless, I bought it and played it until kingdom comes, some of the best experiences I have had with any games.

The grand scale of the battles, the feeling of progression as you start out with nothing and work your way to the very top.

Then came Warband. And oh boy, that was insane. It is hands down one of my favourite games of all time. I remember this particular game very well. I start out in the kingdom of the nords and decide to go with a melee infantry based army only. Imagine a strong experienced army consisting of huscarls, veteren warriors and alike. All walking knee to knee in snow tight formations, about 80-120 men strong going against this huge Swadian army of 300+ men.

I had thrown in all my cards on defeating the Swadians, expanding by the sea, we the nords had already taken Praven. For a quite long time nothing happened so I decided to attack Suno on my own.

Since the enemy was so superior they decided to meet me outside the gates. Big mistake. It was the largest slaughter that I have ever seen. The kill/death ratio was around 1:10. After the battle was over Swadia was pretty much done for.

I played on this one file for quite a long time. I managed to subjegate the kingdom of the Vageairs, Rhodoks and Swadia. Well into the territory of the Khergit Khanate and Sarranid Sultanate I realised that this was no fun. It was starting to get too easy.

I found the claimant to the nordic throne and started a rebellion. Managed to split the nordic empire in two, swiftly taking most of the core homelands. And then I stopped playing, sad face.

It is a damn fun game and with some graphical enhancment mods alongside altering the troop size, it gets damn epic.

Mount and Blade 2 has been confirmed and I am really looking forward to it. The lead developer once claimed that he wanted to do something with the overworld and multiplayer. So maybe that will come with the new game, who knows. Regardless, I am probably going to get it, M&B has always been a singleplayer experience for me.

Anded, Razzey and xChapx like this.
  5. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Did you do it on the hardest difficulty mode (normal damage given to you and your team-mates) cause that's hard as fuck lol :/
    I hate having my soldiers get killed after taking such a long time to train them.

6. Templar_Frost

I agree, but you have to admit, Napoleonic Wars multiplayer is actually pretty fun. Despite it being only single battles.

7. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Oh MY FUCKING GOD this game looks AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i would love to have this game

8. Templar_Frost

I like Fire and Sword the best because it had a more in-depth storyline, the cities were much larger and more carefully crafted, and the best of all, you could customize your army, which I thought was pretty amazing.

9. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Yea but I liked warband more because of the guns in Fire and Sword. I hate guns in medieval games :( Too OP and irritating, the bows and crossbows are much more fun.

10. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

The only difficulty setting I don't have set on normal is damage to friendly troops. That is because I find it cheap. They are usually stupid enough to run up to me while I am shooting a crossbow and takes the shot themselves. Nothing I can do to make them lease stupid. that is why that setting is on easy. The others are on normal.

11. Duke2die4

Duke2die4 Arsonist

mount and blade is also 1 of my favorit game of all time. how u are no 1 and work ur way 2 the top. the epic battels. the harsh defets when u fall of ur horse from an arrow/spear and die in the hands of 4 mid tier soldiers chazing u down like a dog. i say its even better then morrowind 4 me and morrowind was verry amazing when it came :D

12. Templar_Frost

Let me help you with that bro.

Mount and Blade is also one of my favorite games of all time. How you start of small, and work your way to the top, I also like the epic
    battles and the harsh defeats. Like when you fall of your horse, from an arrow or a spear, and die in the hands of four mid-tier soldiers chasing you down like a dog. I say it’s even better than Morrowind, and for me, Morrowind was amazing when it was released. :D

Razzey, TheGrimReaper and xChapx like this.
  13. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

It is for this game that I really wish my dad would let me buy stuff off the world wide web.

14. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

You can try getting a prepaid gift card at a store nearby you.

15. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Uhhhh maverick I don't think they sell those in Lismore N.S.W.

16. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

I enjoy playing mount and blade, i like to kill inocent farmers and then raid their villages, killing one by one :D but i only can do that without getting killed when i play with cheats enabled :C

but when i play without them is more fun because doing something like atacking some bandits can mark your life! if you win you have more money and weapons and you can expand your party if you loose you are the sexual slave of a bunch of dirty man , and when you escape from them you have nothing :C (this happened to me almost all the time i played ) but when you finally have a decent army you can go and look for bigger things like helping a king or defeating him.

Online is good , killing some one haves alot of impact and requires skill

"WanderMark" i didnt know that mount and blade 2 was confirmed i cant wait to see how it is going to be i hope that i have more interaction with villages and people like creating your own castles and having a family and killing important characters.

17. Templar_Frost

What should be in M&B 2

- Banner Customization
    - NO GUNS
    - Ability to go into battles alone, without your army (for the hardcore)
    - Army Customization
    - Town Customization
    - Shield bash
    - Sexier Women (aw yeah!)
    - NO FUCKING GUNS
    - Custom Duels
    - More Custom Battle maps
    - Formation commands
    - Easier Marriage
    - Catapults
    - Battering Rams
    - Bar fights
    - Mistrels
    - Jousting
    - Executions

That is it for now.

xChapx likes this.
  18. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

I agree with you, i didnt like guns in with fire and sword because everyone can use guns! it doesnt require any skill to use them and they deal a lot of damage, i could be killed by farmers! by FARMERS!

Templar_Frost likes this.
  19. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Well, after only getting hold of the game recently, and then proceeding to play the hell out of it almost endlessly over the past 4 days, I can safely say that it is amazing. Of course, by laptop decides not to run Warband properly, but, myeh, at least I have the original game. ^_^

My current character has taken to running into battle shirtless, wielding nothing but his mastercraft greatsword. By the end of a fight, he is completely crimson, which pleases me. He's also a pretty damn fast runner, and he can knock your average noble down in one well time slash. :3

20. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

Napoleonic Wars is just amazing. Joined a regiment 2 weeks ago, and now we play on 200 player servers in organized line battles with infantry, cavalry, artillery, musicians, flags etc. Who needs a sword when you can march into battle playing the fucking Bagpipes.

Razzey and czubai like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi