1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why is the new build using up heaps of CPU for me??

Discussion in 'General Help' started by MooTheDevourer, May 26, 2012.

1. MooTheDevourer

MooTheDevourer Shipwright

This is really weird, but since the latest build I've had terrible fps on all servers. It shouldn't be my computer because I've never had any problems with KAG before :/ But now when I play the CPU usage raises up to like 70% or more and I get really jumpy gameplay. I've got a Windows XP 3.20 3.36GHz intel dual core processor and 2Gb of RAM so I shouldn't be having any problems right?

2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

If I were you, I would check the internet for the latest processor drivers. Or I would look out for processes which aren't needed, e.g. Media Player and such stuff, and disable them. Or your hardware is just too old.

3. MooTheDevourer

MooTheDevourer Shipwright

I've done that, :/ it's the process "System" -.- need to get something to split it up into all the processes "System" is made of now so I can find the messed up one. Oh well.

4. Voltagen

Voltagen Haxor

When i was in ALU and we were using mumble, my game was so laggy it was unbearable. It sucked. just try not using mumble for a bit.