1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

This week's cool stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 23, 2012.

1. Roc_Computer

Roc_Computer Shopkeep Stealer

So with wood blocks added it will make the balance with the cost of wood for trap-bridges different and fire :D, but how will the new blocks be integrated into map-making I.e. movable blocks and (ropes)

P.S. Did not bother reading 6 pages :P so sorry if it was already asked?

2. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

I don't recall this being asked, and yeah, with pulley systems and rope and stuff, i just don't know where it's all gonna fit in lol, it will be awsome when it comes out tho, just i would like info on it, since i've only seen those videos in this part of the forums, where did all the moving blocks and such start, and is their more info on them elsewhere?

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I'm actually not too surprised that Overworld isn't gonna happen. That's why I didn't exactly bank on it. I liked the game as is when I first downloaded it back in January, and I will continue playing.

My fucking test build won't auto-update so I can't test out wood. ;_;

EDIT: Welp, test build is locked officially. ;_;

WanderMark likes this.
  4. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

I want overwold
    (mainly because of the NEW CLASSES they were going to put it it):QQ:

5. Halosnake

Halosnake Shopkeep Stealer

So Overworld is not guaranteed anymore? Well that sucks hard
    I was not willing paying for Kag just for the zombies and such but when I saw that awsome Overworld and Adventures post you made, that was an Instabuy for me bacause I don't really have that much money to spend..

Well I had much fun with Kag as it is and I Really hope you (two) decide to make Overworld anyways for it really looked good

6. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

What makes you say that? As far as I know, they haven't stated that overworld will not be a guarantee, they have only said that it will take a long while for overworld to arrive.

7. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

That sucks tough :(
    Was really looking forward to roleplay.

Doesnt make the other updates less awesome tough.

xChapx likes this.
  8. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Geti on KAG's deadline

Actually, that's pretty close to what he's saying.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  9. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

And that's why i didn't get hyped for overworld.
    It looked too good to be true.

Gofio likes this.
  10. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

And while the Overworld may not be guaranteed anymore, it is still POSSIBLE right? :eek: I was really looking forward to it. :(
    Hope it is implemented eventually!

Yes... But I was still hoping for it. :(

TheFilip, Halosnake and xChapx like this.
  11. MooCowMan

MooCowMan Shopkeep Stealer

Highly looking forward to new siege weapons :D

12. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

They will still be able to work on the single player (I hope). So they can still add animals etc. As well as work on multiplayer. :thumbs_up:

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  13. Koolala

Koolala Shopkeep Stealer

The fact that you are on a external deadline is very important and an announcement thread should be made. Please review what you are legally allowed to disclose.

People didn't care about how foolhardy Overworld was. As you just showed in this post, the actual gameplay behind the Overworld concept can be easily picked apart and degraded. However, people cared about Overworld because it was a long term goal. This goal showed long term Developer commitment to the game. You knew Overworld would take a long time to develop and you were comfortable with that fact. When people pre-invest in a indie product with free future updates, the development time span and developer ambition is very important to them.

TL/DR: Please make an announcement thread after reviewing what you can share. This information is important to players.

14. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I'm mostly confused by "just another sandbox". How many online sandboxes are there again? I can only think of 2 counting G-Mod, that and E.V.E. online. Not to mention that Overworlds sounds much more like a rp sandbox, and then it that case E.V.E. really is the only popular one out there, and its fucking maddening to get into and play. They can't possibly be afraid of competition, can they? Sure, the new Skyrim MMO will come out at some point, but still. I also don't understand the "lots of you aren't aware of" part, it sound like we were expected to be aware that there was a deadline, when we weren't even fucking told there was. I'm fairly disappointed, the biggest reason I wanted to support KAG is the hope of a really neat game like Overworlds, and I wasn't aware it was going to be so readily thrown away. I've still gotten my 10 dollars worth of fun, but now I feel like I spent it only for my own fun, because I wanted to support the game.

Halosnake likes this.
  15. Vattic

Vattic Shopkeep Stealer

When you say siege is still in do you mean the Mongolian Horde game mode or more siege equipment / workshops?

16. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Hopefully both. :eek: Otherwise we lose either one of those + overworld.

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Sorry for the late reply, had a hectic weekend away from the internet..

@Koolala: Trust me, I know. The deadline has only been pinned down in the last few weeks which is why an announcement hasn't made it out yet.

@DrZaloski: "Lots of you aren't aware of" was intended to imply that a very small number of the community were aware (ie I've told them) and the majority weren't - not that you were expected to. It'd be great if people didn't try to read into my words in the worst possible way.

Re: "I was really looking forward to roleplay" - We haven't ruled that sort of thing out, not by a long shot. We've got to look at more time-efficient ways of implementing it though. Honestly as stated before I think the adventure role play side of things can be fairly easily covered by improving the editor for the construction of dungeons and other important map features, and allowing the description of new NPC types and intelligent control of map flow via scripting.
    Large-scale "open world" role-play is very hard to cover, but large maps are viable and with blocks as objects 8 or more teams are a possibility, and we'll put a week or so into pure optimisation and netcode bugfixes to allow 64-128 players in a server simultaneously, which would allow very very large battles with party mode and full teams.

Please be aware that in buying the game you're still supporting the developers as we make KAG, as well as on future projects. This decision hasn't been made through lack of ambition (far from it), we're just running out of time on this project and want to get as much fun into the game as we can rather than producing something that only appeals to some and that would eat all of our remaining development time and then some.

Please note that the overworld side of things has never actually been on the Premium Features poster, there was just a large dissertation on the devlog about it being cool and a potential end-goal and a lot of fan cheering about it.

18. Koolala

Koolala Shopkeep Stealer

Well, you did say​
    "We’ve made a fairly large decision about the direction we’d like to take the main full version game-mode in."
    It isn't surprising that people took it to heart. However, it is important for people to recognize that you would still "like" for it to go towards that direction but you are no longer able to. Your announcement thread should clear all that up.​

FuzzyBlueBaron and Bracket like this.
  19. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

People are forgetting, and its already been said, that there is nothing stopping them from coming back and making KAG 2 or KAG Teh MMOz at a later time.

20. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Are we still going to get all the other updates? (or at least most of them?) Animals, Mongolian Horde, Inventory System, etc.? All of those are on the poster, or at least I think so.

Dark_Ham and xChapx like this.