1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can people leave good traps alone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by qaq456, May 28, 2012.

1. qaq456

qaq456 Catapult Fodder

I was building a noob trap when someone put team doors in the gaps. I said stop it and got rid of them, as they kill your own teammates now. Then they started buiding a wall about 3 blocks away from the wall. I say 'stop it, buildnng noob trap' and knock it down then vote for the person to be kicked. Suddenly someone says 'qaq that trap works'. WTF? I built that trap and someone else destroyed it. Then I get kicked for trying to build reasonable defenses.

This happens alot nowadays. I find it frustrating that people who don't have a grasp of simple concepts, try to 'improve' designs they don't understand.

Oh, and by the way, all of the players were paid members.

2. FG

FG Fran Donator

Creille likes this.
  3. qaq456

qaq456 Catapult Fodder

4. FG

FG Fran Donator

if it wasn't on purpose dont.

so was he placing a stone wall up and up with no way of walking through it? was there an admin there?

Creille likes this.
  5. qaq456

qaq456 Catapult Fodder

Sry you misunderstood. He placed a team door 3 blocks away(with stone above) to stop my 'foolish trap' from being 'exploited'.

6. FG

FG Fran Donator

what type of trap were you making ?

7. qaq456

qaq456 Catapult Fodder

A fake noob trap. Xlayer posted it in the builder section.

8. FG

FG Fran Donator

yes i've seen that thread. well isn't he just doing his job ?building up defences. and anyway once the enemy destroys that you get the chance to test it on them.
    Also that trap is easy to build isn't it? you could just build another one.

9. knightl

knightl Base Burner

And hope everyone just leaves it alone?

No matter what we do some people won't read the forums so we are forced to put up with them :(

10. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

If you are unfamiliar with the game I can understand if people don't understand the concept of traps. General thumbrule I have is never build too advanced structures in public servers, when anyone is barely communicating anyways. Way too often have I seen folks yelling "griefer!" When someone was just simply making a Strathos trap.

They don't understand the basic mechanics of the games. And that is fine by me.

I would say that, the amount of times people have ruined what I am building compared to the amount of players on a public server, people are actually pretty well-behaved. The individual cases are what stands out.

On premium servers people are often much more understanding.

11. qaq456

qaq456 Catapult Fodder

The people there were all paid players despite it being a pub server. Also frankonaster the defense was literally three blocks away from mine. Anyone half decent will go over the top and bypass both. Sadly i was kicked before i could make it again. Sry if i sound ragey, im tired and lacking money to get gold.

12. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

1. You need to practise your literacy
    2. You grieved, that is why you got kicked
    3. The people being premium is not really a factor

13. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Perhaps you could kindly explain to this player (who based on your account of the event seems new) what you are doing and why he should stop, rather than having a kneejerk reaction and attempting to kick him. Or if you don't have the time to explain, simply direct this player towards the building section of the forums. I have found that new players seem to react much better to helpful instruction as opposed to aggressive confrontation or criticism.

As for the issue of all the players being premium, I don't really think that has to do with anything at all. There are some truly atrocious premium players and some incredibly skilled standard players, the colour of your name has no bearing on your level of skill.

PumpkingSlice, Kyzak and Bammboo like this.
  14. Rusher

Rusher Catapult Fodder

It´s simple.. don't change what other made! You can repair or give upgrade to don't kill your team...but if someone destroy your trap just vote kick

15. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This happens to me everytime...

BoiiW likes this.
  16. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

That's the problem with public games, because everything is, well, public. People can improve on your designs, either truly or sarcastically. I don't think there's much that can be done without adding new, complicated code into the game or enforcing some rule through server admins/moderators.

All we can hope for is that more players will discipline themselves through forums and in-game.

17. Delta

Delta Shopkeep Stealer

That is why there are clans.
    People are sick of those pestering fools we call noobs.

18. qaq456

qaq456 Catapult Fodder

Yeah i think i could of handled the aituation better, but still, its always a shame to have to rebuild or whatever.

19. DivineEvil

DivineEvil Tree Planter

Gosh, you can consider yourself lucky. I'm getting yelled "griefer!!!" at for chopping off excessive ladders, that reduce the ascending speed...

20. qaq456

qaq456 Catapult Fodder

Just wait until noones watchtin.