1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

First impressions thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qosmo, Apr 29, 2012.

1. -Grey-

-Grey- I change my profile. Donator

When I used to be a rookie, I watched the experienced players how to make decent walls, bridges, towers, traps. In this way I managed to avoid getting accused and learnt to be a succesful builder.
    You should watch your fellow mates' performance and try to learn from them the good examples.
    There is nothing wrong with the Max-Play.pl CTF server. There are impatient people all over the servers, so you shouldn't blame one server, because the actual players in that server kicked you.
    If you accidentally collapse one of your team's creation then apologize to your mates, try to explain you didn't do it on purpose.

2. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Also, as many said.
    READ THE FORUMS!
    Reading the forums makes you better then 50% of the builders. and mayby better then 15% of the knights/archers.
    'tis a great place to learn the ropes. And i'm happy that you enjoy it! (once you buy the game, i recommend playing mainly on gold servers, its usually alot more fun in there)

Fate likes this.
  3. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Indeed. I'd suggest reading forums and wiki if you have the time. Read the general "Do's and don'ts" threads for every class, that way you get a general gist of what to do and not to do. I'd suggest playing an archer for starters, that way you can observe other players, like how knights behave and builders build. Try not to destroy your team's buildings (even if they are your own, there are no nametags on buildings and people might think you are a griefer).
    Also, if you are not planning on buying premium version, then Beo's CTF is a very good choice for public servers.

4. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

LEEROYYY JENKINSSSS!!! :p

greefur !1!!! :eek:

I can't remember my first days too well, it's been such a journey lol. KAG is amazing :) I remember one though, when I was making a tower and someone said "Knight, this is what we on the forums call a 'newb tower'". I got so mad. :p Another time I shot a knight who was holding a bomb was just about to explode, and he was stunned for half a second when I shot him, so he couldn't throw it. He blew himself and all his friends to pieces. :D Good times.

5. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Do you remember who said that?
    I remember making my first real tower.
    And making it 20 blocks high.

*quiet*Many friendly knights have died that match....

6. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

My first day was spent actually going through the solo tutorials for fighting and movement, and seeing it immediately pay off once going to multiplayer servers and playing against lots of other new players who didn't. It's kind of like now, how some knights can only power attack and still don't know how to vault or properly throw bombs (even if their timing and aim are off).

I didn't really have the same experience as you being vote-kicked. I intentionally stayed away from builder at first until I understood how not to harm your team when building. It doesn't matter if you are a good builder or not, just don't be a bad one (or decide to intentionally grief).

7. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

In my first day in kag i didnt understand a lot of it, the game did not have any in-game tutorial but an image in the game folder,i played in a gold hunt server,as an archer i died about a lot of times i didnt know how to make arrows properly,i got killed another hundred times with the other classes and quit.

like one or two weeks later i dicided to play again because i saw that it was updated with new graphics and stuff and it was when i fell in love with KAG, i always played as a knight (in that time knights could destroy stone blocks) i played in deathmatch servers and in a capture the flag server that could hold 64 players, good times.

8. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

My first day was great.
    I thought about building something but i had no idea what to do, so i stood there.
    I thought about fighting but i didn't know how to go knight.
    When I figured it out and went to fight i died very quickly.
    I tried archer but I kept missing.
    At the end, all i did was build catas and shot rocks randomly.
    Good times.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  9. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

First impressions.
    Watches totalbiscuit.
    "Hmm, this looks fun"
    Downloads game.
    "Yes, I shall try"
    Starts tutorial.
    "This isn't half bad"
    Somehow manages to fuck up tutorial.
    "What kind of shit is this"
    Rages for a day
    "Oh well, time to try again"
    Finished tutorial.
    "Yaaay"
    Starts game
    Says hi
    Builds standard tower.
    Wins
    Logs off
    Plays RTDM
    Gets owned by aha
    Sets goal to beat aha
    Beat aha
    Stupid patch
    rages
    plays again
    "Ohh it wasnt that bad"
    Another stupid patch
    Rages
    Logs on again
    "Oh well"
    Another stupid patch, ridiculous shieldbash
    "Ahahahahahha"
    Another stupid patch, removed shieldbash
    "Nooo :("

And yeahh... This wasnt really a first impressions post, was it?

GloriousToast likes this.
  10. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I remember about Totalbiscuit's video. He was too stupid to use a catapult properly and used that as an opportunity to say that it was still in alpha and had a lot of bugs. What's more, he was blocking the catapult this whole time, dicking around with menus and picking it up, all while in fire mode.

Too bad he's most people's first impression of this game.

11. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

To be fair the tutorial doesn't cover most of the games basic elements, nevermind how to use a catapult. He'd clearly only spent a few hours mucking about with it before playing it and he freely admitted that he wasn't very good and understood very little of the gameplay.

12. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

This is the most important thing for noobs. If you're never played the game before, hang out and OBSERVE. It pisses me off so much when new people immediately start building giant retard structures with no form or function and then get pissy when you try and give them some direction/pointers.

Wixmef likes this.
  13. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

The tutorial tell you nothing except how to move and some stuff about the physics. He told you nothing about the quarters, the catapult as you've said, and a lot of other stuff, like the different gamemode.
    Youhave to die a thousand time and to hang on the forum before having an idea about how you have to play.

:migrant: 500th post :migrant:

14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I guess with a .KAG if it wants to play nicely one could TRY and load the signs in a map that also has shops and gives you coins at an interval (not sure how to manage this one properly other than making them free) to try out all the different things.

15. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I joined KAG when before build IDontEvenKnowAnymore. With the old log-in screen. Found via a live stream marathon of TotalBiscuit (after he featured this game, the site went down due to a server overload lol). Loved it ever since.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  16. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

first impression
    *finds
    *thinks it looks AMAZING
    *Makes acc
    *plays couple time + tutorial
    *buys
    *profit (jk)

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

First day of KAG I hopped on the server and ran around with the different classes, exploring the castles and tunnels the earlier people made. I tossed a gold bag around for a bit and made a little tower. No one showed up so I went to bed.

Ghozt likes this.
  18. Evan5567

Evan5567 Shark Slayer
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

First Day Playing:
    Found Game
    Played Tutorial
    Played CTF
    Got Owned
    Got Better

19. Creille

Creille Base Burner

~Heard about KAG
    ~invited 3 freinds
    ~went on server
    ~were builders
    ~made traps abit like this
    :dirt::dirt::blank::blank::blank::blank: :blank::blank::dirt:
    :dirt::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank: :blank::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank: :dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::blank::blank::blank::blank::dirt: :dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt: :dirt: :dirt::dirt:
    ~tried going knight
    ~got pwned
    ~Started RU5H
    ~invited the 3 friends into RU5H
    ~rage quit
    ~stopped playing for a few weeks
    ~came back
    ~pwned dem noobz

Mikej99 likes this.
  20. Mikej99

Mikej99 Tree Planter

My first inpression of this game was at school when we had free time. i didn't like the game at first because it looked like terraria and single player was boring!!!:( But then i learnt about somemthing called going online!!!!!! :p

KnightGabe13 likes this.