1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. knightl

knightl Base Burner

As overworld had already been planned and discussed alot, I don't suppose theres a chance your future game might include the elements of overworld and making a whole new game out of it?

Or are you just planning to scrap the old ideas of overworld.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: Disappointment, not delivering the goods etc - honestly, how many of you play KAG because it's "potentially fun later with an overworld and 100% more RPG elements and 200% slower gameplay"? I think most play because the game is fun as it stands, it lets you build fortresses, fight enemies, struggle for territory and do it all in under a 2 hours in a multiplayer setting. We simply want to improve on that side of things until its at a point where we can happily call it complete.

As Ghozt or someone earlier stated, we'd love to do an overworld city building RPG thing later. Of course we're going to continue making games (this is what we do for a living, its how we pay the bills). However, honestly, I cant see KAG becoming that game, and I don't really want it to.

Modding will be a constantly improved upon thing, and serverside mods are possible now, they just cant send art or sound assets to the client yet for security reasons. We're going to add some form of scripting interface to that to open up the possibilities 10fold. Please read around, I'm pretty sick of answering the same question 8 times in one week :/

Noburu, Xorlathor, xChapx and 9 others like this.
  3. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Also If you're legally allowed to answer, is this putting the game out and finishing it sooner than you planned before because of a new publisher?

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I'm kind of sad but not complaining its there game. Kind of what happend to terraria. But the latest test build is fun and great. Keep me happy for a while :)
    </br>--- merged: Jun 2, 2012 12:03 PM ---</br>
    Maybe you should make a 3d game like kag with overworld
    with basicly the same concept with the classes and zombie fortress

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just a note here, we're always going to "accept" suggestions, but honestly, about 99% of what gets posted there is not something I would consider putting into KAG anyway, even if we had the hours to burn (I'm looking at you, dynamic air pressure simulation). The remaining 1% usually make their way back to us and are quick to implement, because they are small, insightful changes that genuinely help improve the game.

mishKa and Ghozt like this.
  6. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

That's what I have been trying to get across to everyone, (And a few others) I have referred people to some of your posts from the prior dev-blog. Hopefully coming from you people will actually follow what you say.

Hopefully people will actually go to the last dev-blog like you said in your last line, I have also been trying to answer the simpler questions, I think you should edit into your top line something like, "Read X thread before commenting, please!"
    That would answer a lot of pointless questions for you.

FlameHaze3, Stevedog and Geti like this.
  7. Evan5567

Evan5567 Shark Slayer
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

It's still going to be an amazing game even without the overworld and all these other "discarded" plans....
    Great work KAG team. :thumbs_up:

FuzzyBlueBaron, FlameHaze3 and Geti like this.
  8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I think the game is good at it is now and some bugs acctully make the game funner so can you keep some of them

9. Geti

Honestly this is not such a bad idea. I'll do that on monday, time for bed now I think.

xChapx, Stevedog and Ghozt like this.
  10. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

Go to hell get-yeti <3~

Stevedog and Geti like this.
  11. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Few things;
    Evan, is there a need to make your text smaller? Some people are getting old, not staring at anyone like Geti or anything, but can't you just keep it the same?

Amgtree, try and shorten your replies to something like '-snip-' it make things a lot easier to read, also it is hard to know what bugs you speak of, when you say 'bugs' we don't know which bugs you are talking about. From my experience bugs just put unfairness into games, they may be fun, but what do the other people think?
    Off-topic~ A friend showed me a (patched) bug in MW3 where you were invincible but you could shoot out, yes, it would be fun, but how would you like it if some-guy was invincible and you always died?

Sleep well my baby, I shall be watching you. ;)

12. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

Honestly, I think KAG is on the right path now.

And the despair for not getting overworld, seriously what kind of world you live in? D:::

13. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I don't know if you are in despair over not getting Overworld or not, but you have a completely valid point referring to the team being on the right path.
    (Which I have been saying for yonks)

14. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

I probably phrased it wrong, but I meant some of the people who complained in disappointment.
    Me, I'm just happy we're getting awesome stuff.:)

FlameHaze3, Dark_Ham and Ghozt like this.
  15. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

this is F2P?

16. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Free-to-play.
    Like you, join the in-bre, er I mean in-crowd and get premium. :D

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  17. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Don't get something in a game no one promised.
    #FirstworldProblems

FliesLikeABrick and gfalcao like this.
  18. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

I really like how you constantly keep us involved in the production of KAG it's really cool! :)
    Also after you've finished working on water, Fire and Siege weapons will you go on to work on Animals?
    Such as Bison, Chickens and lions etc

FliesLikeABrick and The_Khan like this.
  19. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Like on the test build the bug where kegs can fly very far
    </br>--- merged: Jun 2, 2012 1:57 PM ---</br>
    acts as a bomb droping and can really hurt sky bridges or water brideges without supports

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  20. So, does this mean development in KAG will just end?

That's a tad disappointing, but water and wood will be swell, so that's okay. :)