1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

All games have to get finished eventually except Minecraft

2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Wow, all these change are awesome. :eek:
    This will make the game alot more fun to play.

Geti, Elkfur and Miauw62 like this.
  3. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES OVER.
    Seriously guys, stop fucking complaining. Geti made clear that they have a deadline and that they arent going to implent the overworld, but will focus on more fast-paced things. AKA, STOP COMPLAINING.

Sorry for being harsh, but i'm getting annoyed by this >.<

4. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Hmm kinda disappointed about overworld, but I understand it and I have been playing it for so long that I think I got my 8 euro's out of it :p

But this all doesn't mean that there will be no more additions later at all right? I mean, new things will still be added from time to time I hope?

Elkfur likes this.
  5. Elkfur

Elkfur Shark Slayer

Hao!:B): For the Devs- There is one bug that I don't know if you guys know about.Its that if you do the block ladder thing that builders can do in zombies the zombies, no matter how thick the wall, will be able to telleport through the wall:eek:
    ---l
    l
    ---l
    l
    ---l
    this type of wall. Also I know you guys have already chucked the IDEA;) not plan of doing an overworld out the window, but maybe later on that can be an extra add-on to the game when you guys want to put it into action if ever rethinking it, but if not I'm sure modders will add it to there servers at some point.
    To the players- I know a lot of you are dissapointed:( about some things, BUT:D they are adding a bunch of new stuff to the game that is sure to make you guys stop complaining:).

6. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

[​IMG]

7. rolen120

rolen120 Horde Gibber

ummm, how might this affect tunneling under the battlefield and will there still be caves?

8. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

That is a "feature" to stop zombies from being stuck in notched walls. Its fixed in test build i belive.

9. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Its a bug because they are not supposed to teleport trough :P
    I'd rather have them in my walls then on the wrong side of it.

10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Alright I'm just overreacting. That's good. I just read it at 2:00 in the morning and started to flip out. Yeah again I'm being randomly paranoid for no reason. Ok. Good. Sorry.

Yeah I was really active during the zombie testing (I made a fair amount of bug reports) but I could never find anyone in multiplayer test after so I kind of drifted out of the habit. And remember we're in completely different timezones so the only times we're both awake is when I have insomnia and am up at like 4 in the morning.

@The Khan: I totally believe the devs should be able to do whatever they like with their game, I'm often the one arguing this against people who say "devs must add x thing!!!11!" and I am very greateful for the fun game they've already put out. What I was thinking is it would just be a damn shame if they were working on all this new stuff without fixing what's really important (which isn't the case thankfully).

FuzzyBlueBaron, Noburu and Ghozt like this.
  11. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Will wood blocks that are placed underwater become easier to break? It would make sense.

12. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Interesting thought. But I'm not sure whether or not they'd actually be easier to break in real life, because it's harder to strike anything underwater.

13. MechaTrickster

Well if water splashing is implented maybe the wood above the water could take some damage after a bunch of splashes?

14. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

I don't know about that, seems a bit silly. But, how about mold? Like, if wood is in contact with water for long enough (maybe like one 24 hour cycle) it starts to grow mold and become weaker. If it's left long enough without repairs it will break. This would make stone the superior material in terms of water.

Ghozt, MechaTrickster and Dark_Ham like this.
  15. MechaTrickster

Okay that makes alot more sense then splashing. I still want splashing though so I can jump from the tops of maps and get errywhere.

16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

About the test build of current KAG and from things I've tested now, I don't like how water is now, I hope it will change a lot later, because it does not make sense when it floods the whole map and makes most resources unavailable, it also introduces a lot of stalemate, I hope there will be something done about it before public release.

superpokes likes this.
  17. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I am interested in that "water skimming" thing, I wonder how many people are gonna see who can skim an arrow the farthest.

Ghozt and Dark_Ham like this.
  18. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

the rising water is a config variable, which can be configured by any server owner.

To everyone who has tried the test build so far: please do not base your judgement of water on that, as it's still in testing phase, and everything may or may not change.

19. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

How is water in terms of movement? I really hope it's not like Minecraft's water. Doesn't look realistic at all.

20. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

It works completely different from what is in Terraria or Minecraft at the moment, it's more like Worms Armageddon type of water.

FliesLikeABrick and Dark_Ham like this.