1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

So you die instantly and explode when you touch it?
    #Swag

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

No, but you can't swim in it really, you just walk in the water, deeper water means certain death because it slows you down so much, and yet no swimming animations or anything like that, that's the reason for boats I guess, but getting this update without boats added will be nightmare.

3. Bookmark

Bookmark Haxor

Today, the soul of MOLE has died. How will we tunnel to victory now? ;_;

Pretty excited for the update. Water seems to be a fun thing to mess around with and bridges requiring supports is never a bad thing.
    Of course, as per usual, my body is not ready.

Dark_Ham and Ghozt like this.
  4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Bookmar
    Rename the clan to beavers.

Adinxs and Raron like this.
  5. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

I believe that the true MOLES will be able to time their tunnel digging with water level rises and strike their ignorant foes that fool themselves in the false security of water.

@On topic:

This is kinda the same info as last week, just more public, so that's that.
    I'm with Contrary on the "fix the core" and the KAG team seems to be in the same wagon. So that's that.

Happiness all around in the KAG (over)world :) Not really, some people will think that they got screwed or whatever, and I think Geti is doing a good job explaining and re-explaining everything politely regarding the so called "promised" features that got thrashed. Everyone else seems to resort to internet hair-pulling, and that reflects badly on the community and to some extent taints the efforts of the G guy. I know people get pissed when someone is wrong on the internet, but keep it civil guys, we should be an all loving, hugging, prairie walking community.

Ghozt likes this.
  6. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

With the implementation of stone doors, all hope for "OP knights" is gone, regardless of peoples thoughts lol, as for archers being nerfed, this is a needed thing, and they know of it, also, people seem to be unaware of the archer shield that is on the "premium to-do(kinda)" content page. That shield for above your head? Life Saving, to say the least.
    Also, fixed sky bridges, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
    Looking forward to the next release KAG team!

7. Halosnake

Halosnake Shopkeep Stealer

Ghozt likes this.
  8. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I'm just thrilled at the prospect of being a tester. :D

Ghozt likes this.
  9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I think it's funny that a post delivering a ton of real, new content soon to be implemented is being bashed for a revision to vague plans from months ago. Of course the grandiosity of the whole Overworld idea probably comes into play, but face it, they never went into specifics. How can you know you're missing something if that something was never clearly defined?

I'm glad that the devs DON'T fall into the all too frequent rut of getting caught up in unrealistic goals and wasting all their time on features that will be abandoned, and instead develop concrete additions to the game. Because in a multiplayer scramble like KAG, you don't need ridiculous features to add variety to the game: Human players will find 100 uses for any item or structure that affects gameplay, which, as long as developers set realistic goals, will contain just enough individual love to make KAG a great game.

FliesLikeABrick, Ghozt, Beef and 2 others like this.
  10. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

The ability to roleplay in Overworld was what kept me here for so long. Very disappointed. Now all I have to look forward to are different variations of mindless hack n' slash combat. I will check in on this game from time to time to see the changes or to kill time, but unfortunately all it will be now is a time killer.

Dark_Ham, Ghozt, Halosnake and 2 others like this.
  11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Would it be possible to make water spread from defined points to contiguous regions below the threshold height? I know that water currently is very static and defined by a single number in the terrain file, so this would require an overhaul, but I must admit that the idea of hitting water everywhere I dig is disheartening... especially for someone who plays Dwarf Fortress.

hexalslug likes this.
  12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Engine cannot handle this, or the netcode can't, don't recall which, but basically it's not feasible hence why water is, as it is.

Ghozt likes this.
  13. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Opened it up after cleaning up. (Leave for 6 hours and this is what happens...)

Anyways I reopened it for those of you who still want to have your say because there is still the possibility of discussion and it'd be easier on Geti for him to respond to you here than rather a bunch of pms. However I will be much stricter than usual. This time, 3 day auto ban minimum for anything I deem necessary and you will just have to deal with it (even longer for any flaming)

edit: re-added some posts back in.

JacKD, Adinxs, Dark_Ham and 5 others like this.
  14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Thanks Kouji.

So let's see... we got bridges needing supports, wooden blocks that will completely redefine how buildings can be constructed, and water that can create traps for rushing knights. Along with a ton of other shit that I can't wait to see. This update is gonna be fucking rad!

15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

If nothing else gets finished, I really hope that modding capabilities are FULLY fleshed out by the end - that would let people who knew how continue to make new things.

Noc likes this.
  16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Ok, I feel I need to at least address a few things here...

Contrary: glad we're on the same page, get on testing more often regardless, there'll be someone to test with at most times of the day.

Noc: For goodness sake, we're not scammers. Those quotes are from months and months ago, from when we had more time, didn't know zombies was going to eat a giant chunk of it, and before we actually had a concrete deadline.
    Things change. That post signified a change, and parts of that side of development were implemented along with zombies (party mode, ordering followers, NPC blobs, random dungeons). This post signifies another change, where we're focussing on improving the game as it stands, and keeping it fast paced. It's a decision we've been trying to make for a while, and this deadline has forced out hands.
    That disclaimer (included with just about every indie game stuff we'd like to do but might not be able to list) very clearly states that we may change the list pretty significantly if circumstances change. They have.
    It doesn't matter if you cry and roll around on the ground, we literally cannot implement overworld this time around. There's nothing stopping us from pursuing that in a future game, but it cannot be done this time around.

Everyone else: It would've been nice if you just told him off once and then ignored him, now we have 5 pages of hate. Oh well.

Re: Will there be later additions/bugfixes after deadline - of course. There just wont be large updates to the game and content, so it's important to get it done.

Re: Block teleporting zombies thing - oops, I thought the fix to that got pushed out with the last hotfix... Looks like you'll be getting that along with the rest of the features this time around, heh.

I'm going to doubly enforce kouji's threat here though - expect a ban, ranging from 3 days to 1 week, on forums, for a derail or for any flaming in this thread from this post on. Keep it civil. Seriously.

17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

There is quite a bit of weird stuff in the test build as right now, like the kegs that fly far away or quarters not healing I have checked and those were reported, I also noticed myself the no animation glitch for archer, basically you charge your arrow with left mouse button then you press right mouse button and hold, then you move around, no animation at all, but I think it was in kag like forever. I'll try to report, few bugs I know of in mantis.

18. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

My hearts are out to the devs. Think about it. They have already said that they most likely maybe definitely will review this venture after making a ton of other games. All this means is more skill and polish for KAG 2.0. I've been waiting all my life for a game like this. I can wait a couple more years no big. Just don't... You know die Geti or MM... Or shad... Or FLAB... Then I don't think I could wait that long... Never is a long time to wait.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Ghozt like this.
  19. Koolala

Koolala Shopkeep Stealer

I am glad this thread got unlocked. This kind of thread that should not be locked and people should be able to be voice their opinions in a considerate fashion.

Noting all that, people who post on the forums should not have to worry about getting banned from the game. That is a ridiculous administrative stance. Please rethink how you handle forum moderation. I don't want this kind of precedent set over something as basic as players getting upset and not controlling their words.

EDIT: Geti: "In retrospect, threat of ingame ban removed. Note to self, don't post when just waking up. Apologies to anyone who felt wronged by my that." The banning situation has been changed.

Noc, Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  20. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

P.S... Maybe after you guys make some money from your other games you can redirect those funds to... You know... KAG 2.0