1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I also just remembered, somewhere in there someone asked about animations for swimming and if there will be any, I can give you that answer right now, just click this link and you will be there.

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/this-weeks-cool-stuff.6404/

In other words if you would have read Geti's posts from the last dev-blog you would know the answer, and I am not reading that again for such a simple answer, your turn.
    (Also use the search function)

2. Creille

Creille Base Burner

I think I'm the slowest person to notice that there have been Dev announcements as I'm always nearly the last post :P
    But i think you will find that the only people who are raging about the trash of the over world idea are new to the game, anyone who has had the game for ages would know that it wouldn't have been what it was said to be like it'd act like a terraria copy or something.
    NEW hats I think that makes everyone a little happier on the inside :)
    Also I don't think modding needs to be made any different it's really easy at the moment.
    I'm not to sure if I like the idea of vehicles and boats but oh well, also is water a variable that can be changed? (like how high it is?) and when failing blocks hit water will it make a splash? And slow down as it's sinking? That'd look great.
    CAN you please not make the skin couloirs eccentric I don't want to see a bunch of rainbow men charging with me into battle it'll set off my game play :P
    So your actually just gonna stop mainly working on KAG when it becomes finished? :'( :'( isn't it only in Alpha ATM?

PS. Sorry for long message :P

Ghozt likes this.
  3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I said in the post above you, to do a quick search and have a look at the dev-blog just gone.
    Anyway I can help you with a dew things;
    Geti said that making hats is the most un-rewarding thing he has to do.
    The modding you see is different to what they mean, sorry for comparing to Minecraft but, in Minecraft you can get mods that give you new monsters and stuff like that, in KAG some people might make animals or something like that.
    Nothing is really confirmed with water (well not to much) and it is coming out in the next few days, so, just wait and you should find out soon.

The devs also said there never was going to be a KAG 2.0

Time to eat my easy-mac.

4. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Ah so they mean propper mods :P
    And I love the hats :) now that I'm premium (i think this is the best part of getting premium) :P
    also is there a downloads of the test build?

DrZaloski and Ghozt like this.
  5. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

If you play the test version, yes water is very nice! Falling blocks splash and fall slowly, as does everything else. As stated earlier you can't come up to breathe.
    Yeah, play on a server and all that shizz, it is pretty cool! :)

6. shai-hulud

shai-hulud Shipwright

Any idea if any of the extra features are still going to be in, time allowing? I was kind of interested in those rope and moving block videos, and I liked the idea of jousting on bison with the lancer or stealing treasure as the thief.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

In retrospect, threat of ingame ban removed. Note to self, don't post when just waking up. Apologies to anyone who felt wronged by my that.

@Shnitzelkiller: Kouji deleted the posts, not me. However, if there wasn't hate to clean up, there wouldn't be the chance of cleaning up ontopic posts mixed in with the hate.

Please stop posting public links to the test build guys, as it's going to be locked for testers only fairly soon and that's just going to increase the confusion. I've seen new members on test servers asking why things are buggy and complaining about features that haven't been finished yet, which is not something we want to expose new users to.

"The devs also said there never was going to be a KAG 2.0"

What? No we didn't.

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

There any idea on when you might be able to make a public announcement on why you've had to set this deadline? I'd like to assume the whole thing been tied up in legalities would mean that there's some cool project that yourself and or MM are gonna be involved with.

9. Koolala

Koolala Shopkeep Stealer

Being "tired" is not a good excuse in this situation. Your post was demanding the community to not make thoughtlessly aggressive posts while emotional AKA "tired" or "angry". You, however, posted aggressively while being tired (there is nothing more aggressive a developer can do than threaten to ban a player's game account).

I am bringing this up to highlight that everyone can be "tired" or "angry". I hope that the moderators recognize this when deciding what to delete, censor, or ban. A "fairly large decision about the direction we’d like to take the game" has been canceled*and there is plenty reason for players to be emotionally upset.

You are not able to disclose the date but there is other information the community would still like to know about. This "agreement" or "deadline" was a contract that you decided to agree to while knowing how it would effect future game plans. If you are comfortable being open about it, players would be interested in knowing any information that you are legally allowed to disclose.

EDIT: If anyone needs to edit my post for any reason, please shoot me a PM.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm comfortable being open about it, I'm uncomfortable breaking a NonDisclosure Agreement. I've been as open as we legally can at this point. If our legal obligation to not talk about the reason for the deadline changes, I'll make more information available. I would've thought by now that my intentions not to wrong players would be clear.

I understand that anyone can be tired and/or angry, and I understand that people may feel upset about the changes.
    The reality of the matter is that I woke up to 5 pages of moderators and users alike shouting at each other, and responded angrily myself. I've aknowledged that that was the wrong thing to do above.

DrZaloski, JacKD, Ghozt and 2 others like this.
  11. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

I agree. In-fact many forum admins have deleting posts against their opinions, provided their own, then shut down the thread so they get the last say. It's crazy, I want to have freedom of speech. Now I have a gun pointed at my head for going off topic, I better say something relevant.

What's modding going to be like? You have a really strong community, and we could do something with this game. imagine the community adding farms and an inventory system, maybe even making a war mode. That would be awesome.

JacKD and BlueLuigi like this.
  12. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Why would you ever sign a contract that would limit the amount of time you can spend developing YOUR game?

Forget it, we'll make our own Overworld.. with blackjack and hookers!

FlameHaze3, Adinxs, Dark_Ham and 4 others like this.
  13. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Guys guys guys... You're not supposed to be playing the test build. ;_;

Actually it's not for me to say. lol. I WILL say to enjoy it while it lasts!

14. Geti

Inventory system is on that TODO list. Farms will likely form a part of that part of development, so that you can create food. WAR mode is the planned culmination of all of these features. I'm not sure where you're getting your information, Noc. :/

Modding will likely be in the form of a scripting interface, with scripts running per-gamemode and per-object.
    I also want to drastically improve the editor and make sure that .kag format is up to date, because it'll be needed if blocks are to ever become proper game-objects (which would allow >2 teams and per-block logic etc)

Miauw62, xChapx and BlueLuigi like this.
  15. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

What about the new classes that were in the works? Will those still be coming with the war mode? The new wood blocks sound really exciting, plus water. Thanks Devs for all your hard work :P

Halosnake and Geti like this.
  16. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Fog of War is that on the todo list? it hasn't been mentioned here yet?

17. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

18. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Awesome! We should do some battle ship with it :D

19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Let them work on the actual confirmed feature list and revisit later, a lot of things can probably be added after with not much work like fog of war as you said, depending on what you mean exactly by it.

Noc, that thread is silly, read shit before posting stupid shit <_>

FlameHaze3, Miauw62 and AJ like this.
  20. alex4864

alex4864 Shopkeep Stealer

I suppose I am a tad bit disappointed about the cancelling of the overworld. However I understand that this just couldn't make it. It's somewhat amusing to see people buy a game in alhpa, and then feel ripped off when a hypothesized feature is axed. It's not like the devs are getting rich off of this. If you do the math, it comes out to about $100,000 (about 10,000 purchases times $10 per purchase). Of course there's multiple people working on this, so when all is said and done that's really not much money compared to the amount of work the KAG team has put into this game.

Anyways, I'm done rambling now. :)

DrZaloski and Rayne like this.