1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Luffy

Luffy Shipwright

why are they rushing it now? what can't they just add on more features over time?

2. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Because it seems that in a while KAG development will have to be happening in their spare time, pretty much reducing it to bug fixing and balancing and stuff.

3. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

Once both boats and fire are in game, I'm going to celebrate by making my own funeral pyre.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

And then there's modding.
    KAG is NOT dead yet.
    It still has a very long life to live.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  5. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Jeebus, I agree that the flamming is bad, and some of you guys are being to aggressive, but let people be fucking disappointed. Lots of buyers were very excited for Overworlds, and for the ones not "in the know", they just suddenly got it ripped away from them, so let them be sad without jumping on them and insulting them. They have all right to be disappointed and to explain their disappointment, without a dozen people jumping on them and saying their stupid and greedy.

On a happy note, can't WAIT for boats. Please please please let them be mass-ish transit boats (6-7ish players on one boat), it would be so much fun to have boat-battles. Keg cannons please? Also very excited for farms. But will animals make it in? There's already zombie chickens, so I think that we need some normal chickens as well, just to make sense (WHERE DID THESE BEAST COME FROM!?). Also, will their be new classes/unit side-grades? I'm fine as long as archers will finally be de-buffed (PLEASE VERY SOON), but a new class, like a rogue, that is more or less an anti-acher unit would finally complete the new weakness triangle (or square?), seeing how archers beat knights in almost every situation. I just feel bad to see that long list of sprites for new classes to go to waste.

LetsplayCmansez and Dark_Ham like this.
  6. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I can imagine it now.
    One poor little knight on a raft, trying to get away from a battleship full of builders.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Ghozt like this.
  7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Look at my avatar, if this happened to me, this is how I'd feel like. Throws curses*

Adinxs likes this.
  8. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

I doubt they even know.
    I think they will leave KAG when they (and us) think it's complete, so there isn't really a precise date.

9. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Yeah, i will certainly check out your next game!
    Do you even have a name as group?
    Like X Y studios or something?
    (the thing that 99% of the games has before they start :P)

10. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

HINT: It's on the KAG website. ;)

11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

So what, you don't think we're disappointed either? Do you know how stoked I was to become a roving thief, throwing ninja stars and robbing caravans? Eventually becoming a Robin Hood-esque hero, stealing from kings and noblemen and showering the poor in gold pieces... Sigh.

But the fact is that some of us are trying to be a little more optimistic. Yeah, it sucks. But they're not just giving up. I've been keeping up with the devblogs and I've read almost EVERYTHING that Geti has ever posted. I've been in PMs with him and other members discussing things about the game and going on huge rants about things I like and dislike... Then I realized this game has a great community. You've seen the MOLE server Zaloski, so you know that once modding capabilities are a little more streamlined and in depth that people like Bookmark and Rayne will be doing CRAZY shit to boost the life of the game. And I trust MM and Geti, because this game has been massively fun since I started playing back in January.

tl;dr : I think it's time we just trusted the guys and let them do their own thing. We're INCREDIBLY lucky as a community that we've had such a say in this game's development over the last year or so, but I think it's time we put down the reigns.

Fate, Ghozt, Dark_Ham and 3 others like this.
  12. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Bonesauce, nothing more has to be said.
    I fully agree.
    With a good enough playerbase and modding capabilities, a game eventually reaches a critical mass, where it can keep going on for a few years without dieing.

Dark_Ham likes this.
  13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Except you're wrong, just because you didn't want something doesn't mean others didn't. Personally don't give a fuck about zombies, you don't me saying "Jesus fuck GTFO!"
    No one mentions your name for modding servers anymore and thinks rayne does everything with action on it.
    ;_;

Yes you're also disappointed, and yes you don't care and take it in stride, not everyone does, complaining about their complaining and telling them they're entitled just makes them more angry and more apt to think the community is shit and in this aspect they are right, the community quickly becomes a circlejerk and is unable to accept negative criticism in many lights, many threads get closed as soon as disagreements come up (not even flaming), and posts sometimes get deleted just for being 'against the game'.

Overall though you should probably read a little more with this, as you've seen some people based on the post even such as Contrary read what was written there and had something to say about it. Actually when no input was really given, bombjumping was ruined, knight combat was ruined for over 100 builds, many silly things happened (clashing). That said they aren't bad, it just helps when testers are around to help as well, a lot of things happened recently, some public some not, a lot of things are happening in general, but 'passing up the reigns' isn't really what happens, we never had it to start with. Realistically in threads like this where people bitch, let them bitch, in a week or so when a new announcement is made no one will see it, the people who bitch have bitched they're done, if you start complaining that they're 'wrong' and not entitled to an 'opinion' or they're 'entitled' (what you all basically sum up), all you do is extend those negative feelings and take it from just being mad about the game losing game modes they looked forward to, about how shitty the community is in response to this, add in some deleted posts and other things and you have a good long rage.

I'm gay

KOUJI STOP EDITING MY POSTS!!! //I don't edit your posts, I just delete them

AJ, GloriousToast, delankski and 3 others like this.
  14. thebonesauce

Don't get me wrong now, I'm not telling people to quit bitching, I'm just saying that some of us who don't seem disappointed actually are.

EDIT: On topic however, this is why I'm stoked for needing supports in bridging...

[​IMG]

I didn't join the server, but I can just imagine how the game must be playing...

15. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Yeah, skybridges are impossible to counter.

16. thebonesauce

Especially ones like Red is building in that mini map. Thank GOD for supports...

17. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

Oh god, the walls of texts. Does anybody actually read those?
    Anyways, Im gonna keep it short:

- Screw the Overworld.
    - Fix things that we already have before adding new ones. (Server browser, hit detection, random spawns etc.)
    - Don't change things that don't need to be changed. (Graphics)
    - HUD needs a change, but judging from test build you're going in the wrong direction. It's even more chaotic.
    - Don't add things for the sake of it, if you're not happy with the result. (Water being a layer above everything and not actually a lake)
    - Custom heads - yes please. (Disregard people spreading propaganda about dick heads)
    - Mod tools - yes please.

Over and out.

Exid, Miauw62, delankski and 8 others like this.
  18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yea luckily fixed, haven't found many bugs with supports yet either, but a lot of things only pop up when you run a big game.

19. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

What happens if a support breaks? Does it just prevent you from building more on that section of the building, or does everything that wouldn't have been possible to build without that support just fall down?