1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

It seemed to me the overworld was just gonna be a more complex form of war mode, of which was just gonna be a more complex version of CTF. That's what I've picked up from it anyway, overworld seemed to be a plan just to add multiple maps, economics and other mmo style bits to the game, and all the different classes and other content was meant for war mode, which is gonna be CTF on a larger map to be played over a long time. Either way if you look at all the different servers that have already modded different workshops and items into the game as the game currently is, with a little more facilitation in terms of making that kinda modding a bit more straightforward, people should be able to do loads with the game, as Geti has said there's a fucking ton of sprites for things, you can see plenty on the main site nevermind anything else, they just need coding into the game and balancing, that taking rather a long time obviously (not that your artwork isn't awesome that is ;))

Ghozt likes this.
  2. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Please learn the difference between lag and fps slowdown. I am talking about playing online. That shit skyrockets my ping to thousands.

3. Halosnake

Halosnake Shopkeep Stealer

Waiiiiiit a minute so not even the new classes are a 100% guaranteed anymore?
    C'mon even if all I wanted was overworld and that one was not comming so I started looking forward to the new classes, because that would add so much to the game.

Really hope that atleast new classes will make it into the game. Ohh and btw will IF classes will make it, Is magic/wizards getting into the game aswell? It IS king ARTHAS gold after all

4. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

And people don't already complain enough about archers? Now you want to bring a wizard in that shoots "MAGIC ARROWS?"

JacKD likes this.
  5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Did he say that? Anyway there was never plans for a proper magician/wizard/whatever in game, just some elements of magic. As I said before even if they don't get in the game via the devs that's not stopping other people from getting them in, if you look in the modding section people have managed to get their own sprite mods/animations in game. The only other thing I wouldn't be sure about it doing the necessary coding to make new classes do what you want them to do, as well as looking how you want them to look.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  6. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I've always wondered what people are thinking what they would get with from a wizard class. Feels to me like an overglorified archer with some shiny sparkling effects. What would their abilities be? You wouldn't be able to give them every common spell that you think about. I've been reading the "class suggestion" thread a bit and all I see are these amazing wizards that shoots out these destructive fireballs that obliberates enemies as well as structures. I feel that would be damn overpowered.

What else? We could give them the ability to shoot projectiles that only hurts enemies. Problem is that we already have archers for that. Adding features for the sake of adding them alone without thinking about cause and effect sounds silly to me.

----

As for the post itself, it is one of the best I've seen in a long time. Feels great to now have an approximate idea about what we are getting. An extension of the current gameplay is really all I ever wanted, everything else was just a nice little bonus, nothing vital to myself. I have a pretty positive outlook for most of the planned features and I am looking forward to see them take shape.

7. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

If they'd imrpove the netcode and somehow attract more players, this would be more awesome.
    Actually the other way around. More players can fill up more servers, wich is good, and if netcode is made better, more players can be stuffed in one server.
    And hey, what would you rather have?
    32 players
    or
    64 players
    or
    128 players?

64 is two times the clusterfuck, but two times the clusterfuck can be two tiems the fun.
    That means that 128 is FOUR times the clusterfuck, so sometimes FOUR times the fun :D

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I think if there was ever a mage like class I'd wanna see them as a supporting class with only minimal offensive capability, stuff like protection spells and healing spells that only last a short while and have only a small effect, maybe having to buy/earn mana or whatever to use them. Any sort of heavily offensive mage wouldn't fit well at all.

9. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I think that was said at first poster made, that will be in, so yeah, i paid money to get premium to get overworld. I feel so bad when i'm reading there's no overworld :c

10. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Please, dont start this again.
    Kouji already had to remove 5 pages of hate.

EDIT:

Everybody already made clear that they are dissapointed and all, but they have a DEADLINE.
    Would you rather have a boring, slow-paced and half-featureless overworld riddled with bugs then a good, fast-paced, comlete-feeling, stable CTF game?

The devs made clear that they made a mistake by overhyping it, but they are going to keep a fast pace, instead of a slow-pace. They also said that they may do overworld in their next game.

11. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Yes. Even CTF isn't stable now. None said that everyone have to play on Overworld, but CTF will be open of course.
    And overworld in new game? What? I would want to make one great packed game instead of bilions of unfinished parts. If another game comes that will be continuation of this, I'm not buying it.

12. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

//Edit from Kouji: There's a difference between being angry about the fact that overworld is gone and being angry at someone. Feel free to feel disappointed that they aren't going to do overworld anymore, it's entirely reasonable. I just don't want people flaming each other again or bashing others while making unsubstantiated claims. That was my issue.

13. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

The whole point of them NOT doing the overworld is so they can focus on the game we have now though, that's the whole point. They've had such a wide focus they haven't been knuckling down so much on the current content, something they've been changing over the last couple of months. So they will have one game that's solid and finished with as many of the features they've wanted to get into it. They've also said they're only gonna do the overworld if they have the time and facilities to do so, if they make it out of a fresh game then it'll be built from the ground up for the purpose of been a larger scale mmo-feeling game, rather then modifying an arcadey 20 minute round frag fest to be one.

FlameHaze3, Valkyrie and Rayne like this.
  14. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

I don't care much for overworld. I hope they choose to have custom heads though.
    When they get close to finishing all their gameplay plans, I really think they should focus on getting more players. *cough*steam*cough*

Contrary and Halosnake like this.
  15. CoD

CoD Haxor

People are still whinging. You payed $10 to play a game worth that much 6 months ago, now you are complaining you've been ripped off. I myself would've payed $25 to play Zombies let alone Overworld if you are that pissed off go make your own bloody Overworld and realise how hard it is with virtually no money and bugs needed to be fixed and how hard it is in general.

So people please take that into account before whinghing and so forth.
    (If you are just a tad disappointed, that's cool ;) )

FlameHaze3, Dark_Ham and Ghozt like this.
  16. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Ugh, today and tomorrow are gonna go bye so slowly while waiting for this update.

17. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Well I was just keeping my hopes up because it wasn't completely thrown out of the window in the news bulletin yet, but it's good to know that we might see a new class later yet.

18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Boii, that's the beautiful thing about modding too... Do you know how easy it'll be to place in like a dozen classes all at once?

Miauw62 likes this.
  19. Bookmark

Bookmark Haxor

That feel when I'm going to have to do some work when we get more mod capabilities. My body is not ready.
    Do you feel this feel Rayne? Bluigi?

I couldn't care less about overworld. To be honest, my expectations died when I heard something on such a massive scale was mentioned. Having recent developers doing the same thing but to a much larger extent didn't help me either. Although, it's understandable given the amount of funds they have and the amount of time it would have taken.

Just live with what you have. KAG is still an extremely fun game in its own right in the current state it's in. And I believe it'll become more fun with water, boat sieges, and the lovable bug fixes.

That feel I feel when you feel my feels.

Miauw62, AnRK, SirSalami and 4 others like this.
  20. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Untitled.png

I can't wait, serverside textures is one of the features I want the most, but only if it's done properly.

FlameHaze3, sj67, LostPix and 2 others like this.