1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wood & Water Build Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

So I think it won't be much issue then.

Ghozt likes this.
  2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

God, I like this build so much.
    I will left my girlfriend to play all the night !

3. Zinger2010

Zinger2010 Shipwright

My first test of the water system was to roll a knight and jump in to a lake.

"Hmm this is pretty co-AGLBLBLLG!"

4. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

I played this build for around two hours now and I must say I am impressed. Not only the content is great, but also there are no major bugs or hickups. Well done KAG Dev team!

Water makes the game so much deeper... GET IT?! BECAUSE IT'S WATER

5. Leifanator

Leifanator Catapult Fodder

Best. Update. Ever.

I can totally see how boats will be needed with the knight's, looking forward to that.

Only criticism I have is the UI needs more work. I know it's a WiP thing but the font, OI!

6. This update came at the perfect time. The teachers at my school are having a strike, so I get all day to play it. :D

7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Not even a couple of hours played so far... but the tactics now have been deflected by the water excessively in my opinion. The point now is to swim. It`s far more important than tunneling or building i think. Every round depends too much on the water...

8. Dask

Dask Catapult Fodder

Gotta say, water got old quick. would have rather waited til everything was finished

9. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I am about to go on summer break.
    Beat that.

Cheesemaster66 likes this.
  10. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

I think the "problem" with water right now is that I've only seen two maps that use it. You know, the one with one lake, and the one with two lakes. Both of them have almost no mountains and are too small for any longer play. Wait untill servers start using more varied map selection.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  11. flame9006

flame9006 Catapult Fodder

The problem i have with water is that it's still really hard to get out of.I've died a bunch of times because i couldn't get out of the water.

12. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

GloriousToast, Ghozt and xChapx like this.
  13. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

i dont like a lot how the water works you cant dig and do other stuff it would be better if it worked like the terraria water :) but it is fun to play sudden death with water flooding all the map :D

xBDkxBrock likes this.
  14. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

I've noticed that if you climb a tree and start cutting it as an archer, you can still cut the tree while falling. It works much faster for getting arrows that just cutting at a single tile of the tree.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended feature.

EDIT: I figured out it works if you just jump while cutting the tree, you can just target the bottom tile. Archers can cut trees faster than builders by jumping while cutting.

Dark_Ham likes this.
  15. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is a pretty sweet volcano update, but why is the lava blue and why do you live for over 10 seconds after jumping into it? Clearly not hardcore enough for KAG.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 7, 2012 1:14 AM ---</br>
    In all seriousness: water mechanics are retarded. Everyone just drowns. And when water levels reach 0 lives, it's just a race to see who can get to the top of their map-high tower first.

Oh, and the water stops just below the level where it kills everyone on the map. So now, games end in ties because the tie-breaker mechanic doesn't work and then IT KILLS EVERYONE WHO TRIES TO END THE GAME BY KILLING THEIR ENEMIES.

TL;DR water mechanics suck, and I can drown with my head above water

16. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

I've just been on KAG, and it was great fun! The only problem I have with water is that when you bob up from the water, you still act as you are drowning.

Harold7 likes this.
  17. xBDkxBrock

xBDkxBrock Shipwright

i thought water would be here and there like in terria or something not another another layer were it cant be held back, you cant dig under a tower your you will drown you have to go directly to the front of the tower were you get slauterd by archers, or build a sky bridge i fell like the game now is just a "space race" the team with the highest sky bridge wins
    i really dont like this build ):, and the new dirt in the background...... fucken gay

18. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

The effect makes it so that you need to be close enough to actual land to breathe. That way people are encouraged to bridge gaps instead of frantically bobbing across (knights would just be able to slash upwards repeatedly anyway).

My only complaint, on the other hand, is that you can only see your health on hovering. That makes no sense and is extremely distracting in combat, since your mouse is better off blocking a surprise attacker than checking how healthy you are in preparation for a fight. You don't need to simplify the HUD, devs. It was fine the way it was. Maybe save it for the iphone version.

Noburu, Beef and xBDkxBrock like this.
  19. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

First of all, I'd like to say that I have a lot more criticisms for this build as opposed to praises so feel free to flame on.

---
    Honestly the archer nerf was rather uncalled for since now even a builder can massacre you in cqc. Worst of all, it's even more harder for archers on ground level to snipe entrenched archers as the charge time to get a full reachable shot has increased significantly. Perhaps one might say people need to "aim" better, but if an offensive archer gets punished for missing the shot and even more so being an offensive archer, the class is thus hindered. Honestly, I can see a lot less people playing archer with all the hectic combat and water going around and to describe things in a more flamboyant way, it's less exciting.

I honestly never minded the idea of knights being able to jump and shield at the same time and even supported the notion. However, let's put the main idea here. Unless archers get positive feedback to increase their ability to utilize range/speed, I feel that the adjustments wasn't minor at all and such decisions were out the ass of an ignorant being.

Finally, I have to agree with what others said about the water. With the exceptions of sky-bridge nerfs, the way this build affects our game-play was out of our perception a long with the archer nerfs is just hinting to me that this build is a pile of rotten compost.

20. I somewhat agree with Beelze, as I feel the water mechanics might not be as good as advertised. With the water being on a separate layer, there's no way to block it out. You can't make a tunnel through the water or anything cool like that. Go below a certain height on the map and you always drown.

The new mechanics are causing two things: One, the new set up for building bridges, since you always have to have supports, you need to go out front into enemy fire and most likely die. The builders get hammered too easily (figuratively, by the knights. Not literally by builders.)

Said mechanics don't add to strategy, they actually reduce it. You can no longer dig tunnels, you'll drown. So going below that bigass enemy tower is now impossible, so you can't get flank the enemy by digging below and going behind (or tearing it down from the bottom.) Want to go above instead? As long as you have the high ground, you face almost zero challenges. If they do? YOU'RE BONED.

http://i50.tinypic.com/3038xz5.png

An accurate representation of a tower fight in the current KAG update.

xChapx, Contrary and xBDkxBrock like this.