1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wood & Water Build Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 6, 2012.

1. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Can anyone say exactly what has changed with the graphics? I'm not all that observant when it comes to visuals like that and I can;t really put my finger on what's different, I imagine it's just alot of little changes to/added textures, I know there's some new stone textures and stuff like that when certain tiles are next to each other, but the overall look is pretty different.

2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Not a lot has changed really. The only thing that some people (actually just Noc, from what I can tell) have a problem with is the dirt backwall.

Ghozt likes this.
  3. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Haha those time lapse videos make this game look and sound really cute :p

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

The knight flying glitch has been fixed, but only if you update. It does work but some people hadn't updated when the release rolled out.

Archer spam removed is a good thing. I don't know how many times I have to say this. In a balanced game an archer should lose in the short range and win in the long range. With knights bombs the fight should go either way at medium/skirmish range.

Then play on a server that doesn't have water.

There are a few reasons, the first reason is the amount of resources Terraria-like water would consume. The game would run a lot slower. In terraria only a handful of people were getting water updates, in KAG its 20+ which could cause quite a bit of lag. It would also make boats much hard to do in the future, if theres no defined water height boats could get very wierd which differing heights of water.

It used to be that you could breath in water at the top, but it was dumb water was essentially just a place to go to die to archers, now its a real obstacle that needs to be overcome.

I'm sorry but I still have no sympathy for you. Archer is my worst class and I still completely rape builders at long range. Think of it like this.

You work your way through the battlefield dodging an archers fire as they try to snipe you. You also have to dodge knights and other builders. You make it to the archer and you die because he spams arrows.

You're essentially whining about not having an incredibly unbalanced way to kill someone who made a huge fucking effort to get within melee range of you. You're pissed off that you don't get the kill in fucking melee range as an archer. How can you not see how fucking retarded this stance you are taking is?

You want to deny someone, who has put a huge amount of effort into getting close enough to kill you, the reward for their actions.

If you're stupid enough to get into melee range and I put the effort into getting there you should die. You are an archer, a long ranged class, not a fucking machine gun wielding rambo which we had hanging around for WAY to many builds which honestly was the biggest pile of horseshit and the number one most frustrating thing to deal with as a combat knight or builder.

Stop whining that you're not overpowered anymore. Go play a different game.

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hurr Durr new mechanics are good.
    Hurr Durr new mechanics are shit.

I love these threads. :^)

Wonkyth, AJ, FuzzyBlueBaron and 5 others like this.
  6. I think I may be in love with you now, just a heads up.

potatomcwhiskey likes this.
  7. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Boo hooo, opposition automatically implies whining.

Pfft, sometimes I wonder what kind of range your biased calculations form but these arrow spams mostly happen when the enemy is approaching a tower fast and most of these arrow shots take place in range. What I don't understand from your perspective is that you want to nerf archers at the furthest range as well. If you compare how long it took to draw an arrow now, it's just blows my mind how slow it takes to shoot a fully charged arrow which would be more than 4 seconds. Even in reality, if an archer is at range, drawing a bow doesn't seem like a mere analogy of a matrix down time. I'm not going to play a class to expect a reward, even as an archer who killed 4 entrenched archers at range combat only to get a bomb thrown at my face while it ends with a lovely "instangib" although knights were suppose to be melee units.

If you're going to eliminate arrow spam, find a way to increase knight's close combat ability instead of hindering all the entire archer mechanic even at it's intended combat position. That's just the contrary of fair.

8. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Now that i think of it, this new archer is good, nvm what i said a little bit back, they NEEDED the longer shots to not destroy the advancement of building bridges.
    Question, is or has damage been a changeable variable? Because witht he full charge archer shot, with wind implemented later(i think i recall hearing that) i believe the full archer should do 2 hearts, and the mid charge should do 1.
    Edit, nice rage post Spoolooni, Potato is literally thinking for the GOOD of the game, i personally agree, for the game to progress over water, they needed to shoot slower, they still have a major roll in hindering enemies, especially builders over water.
    Now 1 archer cant stop the entire teams advancement, but if you have 2-3 archers, you get a good effect, and there advancement is at a halt, so archers would be needed in term to counter the others, it is a good balance. Not just "i play archer, and i can beat anyone since im a decent player to begin with, at any range)

9. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

You are both acting childish. You both know this is going nowhere, so why not stop argueing (or bitching, that's more like what you two are doing)

@GloriousToast,

That's true, but there are ways to fix that, I hope that Geti and MM will implement those later.

potatomcwhiskey likes this.
  10. Jamman388

Jamman388 Shopkeep Stealer

What does the 'aim mode' mean/do ?

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No GUI in your way for aiming stuff. Haven't tested whether it helps with the gay way of scrolling right off screen being very strange and unresponsive within a path, too wide of an area for scrolling in/out.

12. Jamman388

Jamman388 Shopkeep Stealer

Oh cool, and thanks for responding so quickly. :)

13. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

Blue has proclaimed the sea!!! The awesome things happens on Rayne's servers.
    [​IMG]

Auri likes this.
  14. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

You didn't all die down there?

15. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

They have tunnels built underwater, leave before you drowned and your ok, i did that in test servers, was OP xD

16. Harold7

Harold7 Arsonist

knights are too powerful

17. It gets better.
    ATLANTIS!

screen-12-06-07-15-44-15.png

screen-12-06-07-15-49-13.png

18. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Archers are finally de-buffed!? YES! THIS IS THE BEST BUILD SINCE LANTERNS!

Also, stop bitching archers, water really works in your favor. I'm now and forever scared as shit to be anywhere near water in kag, since nearly every time I try to go in I'll end up dead. Will snorkels be added at any point? They can go for 5 coin a life, or maybe like 20 coin for a game. Can't wait for boats (CAN'T WAIT. SERIOUSLY.)

Also, drowning folks by shield blocking is hilarious :D

19. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

20. flame9006

flame9006 Catapult Fodder

The only problem i have now with water is that knights can get through it faster than everyone else through slashing.

hexalslug likes this.