1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Problem hosting server on Windows with b415

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by JacKD, Jun 7, 2012.

1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm trying to host a server on my PC like I've been doing for some time. It used to work without problems, but now I'm getting the "Please check the server is running" message when I try to join. I've tried joining from the Server browser and using "Connect to...". I tried a clean install from KAG and vanilla server settings.

Am I missing something? Should I report it as a bug?

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Sounds like a firewall issue. Check windows firewall, add exceptions accordingly and/or check your router for correct port forwarding.

3. JacKD

I checked that :\ I even disabled the firewall and it still doesn't work. Before this build I had no problems at all :\

4. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

You might try forwarding 80 and 443, but they don't affect much, really.
    I can host fine without opening those ports.

5. JacKD

I ended up checking my router, and it seems something magical happened and fucked up my config. After re-forwarding 50301-50328 everything works again.

Thanks for the help :)

6. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Only 50301/udp needs to be forwarded. PLEASE stop giving incorrect advice to people about port forwarding

7. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Huh, didn't know that. From what I know, you had to forward all three? Just comming up with some suggestions that went through my mind.

Good to know in the future, though.