1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting in the works! Also, gigantic changes to Building and Fire, and Server Browser improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I love you more than Rayne loves you, I'll allow you to bare my seed... :skull::heart:

2. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

I have the same thing, unfortunately I have only heard of one other person who has this, also on mac. I hope it gets fixed eventually.

3. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

What this game really needs now is boats.
    Do you really exist or am i too high?

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Oui? You called? :p

On-topic: Geti, I'm not well-versed enough with how scripting works to know if it's at all possible, but would it be possible to have entities (read: 'portals' or 'gateways') scripted to 'transport' (read: auto log-off/on) a player between servers? I ask 'cos it just hit me that if it was possible then you could have a series of servers linked together via said entities as a kind of Overworld substitute:
    Substitute Overworld.PNG

Maybe one could even get creative and have locked servers that could only be accessed by traveling from an open server? Or have a server load one map or another depending on which team fulfilled a particular victory requirement (say for KotH). And (don't know if it's possible, but if you could) have the script attached to one entity affecting how the script attached to another entity functioned --> something that would really allow for some special modding, etc. :D

*excited FBB is excited* X3

5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I said the 'Server Linking' To Rayne a few days back. Nice going thinking the same thing. Great minds think alike, hmm? XD

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Server Linking was something quite a few people talked about, if it's same server it could be really fun to set something up liek doors and shit to go between servers and a master server heh.

Look forward to what's possible if that's possible to also throw it an option in the future (could probably be down by us using AS) to determine placement so it could be like Final Fantasy where overworld is much larger (or think netherworld in Minecraft) where for every 1 block in the main map you get 20 tiles in the small ones, or entire towns so it's as if you are moving around a map. If you can mess around with a background looking tile and weird as hell physics you can even make it look like moving on an overworld in fact depending on any possibility and editing the way actual characters work as well. ;)

Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself, fuck yeah Geti this shit looks awesome!

7. 12anger

12anger Ballista Bolt Thrower

i cant wait for fire :D

8. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Sounds good. If I may, I'd like to leave a hopeful request, that is that the hearts on the HUD are an option/brought back, and that the wooden structures and fire (but not the water) come to the Zombie Fortress mode. Maybe fire makes Zombies catch on fire, and grass as well. There could also be torches that you stick on the ground/walls that would serve as an alternative to lanterns that are eaten. I don't know. But please don't make the same water engine for ZF.

xChapx and Gofio like this.
  9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

"cries: YAAAAYAYAYAYAYY!!!!" and scares the neighbours' cat off the eaves.
    then laughs shit outta pants when "fatty purry" plummets down.

(suggestion: add the possibility of giving two likes, i need them if you continue to add stuff like this)

10. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

There are already multiple servers with wooden blocks on zombie fortress (Without water). At least I assume they are modded?

11. Harold7

Harold7 Arsonist

Geti one Question what can you put on fire?

12. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Scripting!!! :migrant:

The game browser is not 80% easier to work with, at least 200% :D

delankski likes this.
  13. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Sounds great.
    I hope that'll re-ignite my excitement for the game.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

That's pretty logical, I've always thought it had to be this way. Just like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f_dQ7850jc
    And will the towers be falling down to any side? Or only vertically? Depending on the cut on their base towers should fall in one direction or another, or just downwards.
    I admit at first glance I didn´t like the new mechanics of building, but actually I think the game is going forward and on its way it should change important things, good job guys.

The_Khan and Gofio like this.
  15. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I forgot the answer :S Will it be made so client's automatically dl mod items/gfx/configs upon joining a heavily-modded server?
    Either way sounds like exciting potential.

16. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

l
    like soldat u mean?

17. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

Fire is going to be amazing! Watching builders slowly burn to death in their massive wooden castles will be awesome! X3

xChapx likes this.
  18. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I hope you guys add buckets with water for next update otherwise I sense everything will be on fire.

DrZaloski likes this.
  19. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

I hope we can just hit the block on fire and it will put out the fire.
    Like in Minecraft, you punch the fire, it vanishes.

Effective for small fires, but useless when everything's burning.

20. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

Jayse.