1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Help setting up server.

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by ttea, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

Hi,

Today I decided I wanted to set up my own server. I'm a bit confused but I followed all the steps for windows and used Maqq's awesome GUI interface starter. After that it was displayed in the servers section as 0 ping and when I tried to click on it and play it gives me this message :

Connection Failed
    Please check the adress again and make sure the server is up and running.

An suggestions on how to get it running? I can provide screenshots, just give me a yell.

HELP,
    ttea.

2. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Well first, you need to port forward the ports needed for making a server. I think the default are these ones: 50301 50328 51308.

3. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

Okay. On Maqq's GUI I have 50301 as the default. How would I forward them? Is their a guide to do so? This may be the soloution or step I've missed to my problem...

4. CoD

CoD Haxor

5. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Well, I'd rather like to help then CoD's link. What kind of internet are you using? Router? Mobile Broadband? Please tell me.

6. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

Router. I'll have a look and see if I can figure it out.

7. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Well what type exactly? I have a router and I can host a server. Try searching (on google maybe) your router's type (example: Bigpond Tesltra ADSL 0433-not a real router I think) and type portforwarding after the router. Hope this helps.

8. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

yeah thats the same problem i have, i don't know my exact port forward thingy. When I set up the server using Maqq's GUI thing, it dosen't show up.

9. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

Billion Bi-Pac 7300N. I'll do some research.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 13, 2012 10:57 AM ---</br>
    Hey guys, what do I put under Applicaiton in the Port Forwading Section, is it KAG or King Arthurs Gold or does it not matter?
    </br>--- merged: Jun 13, 2012 11:04 AM ---</br>
    Can someone please have a look at the attachment and tell me what I should be selecting in the drop down boxes? I can also post the selections if you don't know what they are.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 13, 2012 12:13 PM ---</br>
    Okay, so I've got my port forwading set up as instructed in this thread: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/how-to-set-up-a-server.6551/
    I've run everything else, extracted files and opened them, started my server and still it comes up with this message, should I just give up?

Attached Files:

10. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

There are a lot of reasons why this would be happening. I cannot name any off the top of my head.I suggest to check around this sub forum, and search for similar cases. Also, on most routers there are two things you need to enable on your router, on mine I had to register a service, and then let it through my firewall, check to see you don't have anything like that.

11. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

Here's a list of the folders in my KAG file. Does it look like I have everything?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

From what I can see, yes.

13. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

Cool, so it must be something to do with my port forwarding. I also have a picture of my port forwarding setting's on my router's IP. Can someone check to see if they are correct? [​IMG] Thanks.

14. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

Any way that you can set KAG as both UDP and TCP for all ports? Have you let them through your firewall?
    Both on your router and on your windows firewall?

15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Did you do a direct connection? If you did everything correctly, you should be able to directly connect and have other people join using the browser.

16. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

Would I allow ports through the router firewall by going to the "Packet Filter" section? By direct connect, do you mean I should be able to click and play or something else? It says on the thread I linked to about making a server that I need all those ports open.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 14, 2012 5:56 AM ---</br>
    The other thing I've been forgetting to mention is that I'm running everything you see via Windows (PARALLELS 7) for Mac. Might make things more confusing... I can't figure out how to configure it on a mac.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 14, 2012 5:58 AM ---</br>
    Also, I have simple port tester for macintosh and it says that it can receive port 50301.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 14, 2012 6:07 AM ---</br>
    I have some interesting new news. I installed Simple Port Scanner for Windows just then and it says both ports (TCP and UPD-50301) have failed. Maybe if I can get my head around installing the server software for mac it could work. Just maybe!
    </br>--- merged: Jun 14, 2012 6:55 AM ---</br>
    Okay I have some more questions. I'm now using Mac to configure and set up the server. I've made the kag_linux folder and saved it to the desktop and put sconfig.py (Maqq's CLI config version of the GUI one) in the kag_linux folder. Is this so good so far? Next I've tried to open sconfig.py using the terminal but it gives me this message: -bash: ./sconfig.py: Permission denied
    Can anyone help? Is Maqq out their viewing this?

17. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Like Kouji mentioned earlier.
    The person that is hosting the server, has to join via the "Connect to" option.
    As for the permission denied thing, try running it as admin.