1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Minor Build 424

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FliesLikeABrick, Jun 15, 2012.

1. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Build 424 is on its way out which has two purposes:
    - A number of API calls made from KAG servers to the API were changed such that they do not cause lag spikes on the server in certain situations. The server should also deal better with the API being unavailable (if it is completely unavailable, people will not be able to join but the players already in the server should be fine)
    - There have been a handful of changes/hotfixes since 421 came out, so it is time to bump to the next build number to ensure everyone has the latest and greatest

If you are a server owner and have noticed any new problems with this build (or can state for sure that certain netcode hangs/crashes are no longer present), please feel free to share and/or ask about it here.

2. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

First!!! //(i.e. I am a douche!) <-- what have you been told about posting first? ~fbb

Also, i found some bugs with this build. Raron reported them ;)

Damn Flab x.x

3. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

They are already reported...

No need to report them again.

4. rockmin

rockmin Bison Rider
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

dude whats in the new build

5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Lag related issues for when people join servers to kind of soften the impact in certain situations.

The API things he is talking about you don't need to worry about, there are no new game features.

Also good job FLAB.

6. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

There is a list up the top, bud.

7. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

Yay for bugfix builds!

8. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Bugfixes and Wizard class.

9. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I also think it's for starting a server. I remember when I tried to start a server it wouldn't start right, it would say that the game has started and than the it couldn't connect to the master server. IDK but I'd have to test that. (Much later(Much too late))

10. FliesLikeABrick

Do test again - however all of the old 'master' code has been removed or disabled. The "master" used to be used for authentication and maintaining the server list. That has 100% been replaced with the KAG API now

11. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I can only test when I'm over at me best friends house. He lives in town, I don't o My Internet is seriously crap. I get DC'd less than 1 second after I join any servers, even Australian servers!

12. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

All this api stuff sounds interesting.

13. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Okay, my KAG updated 3 separate times today... Does it all relate to this particular update here?

14. FliesLikeABrick

Yeah pretty much - they were fixes for engine crashes in the menus/server browser

thebonesauce likes this.
  15. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

If anything, I feel like in the latest builds I've been disconnecting More.

16. FliesLikeABrick

There have not been any netcode changes in the last few builds (well, one - but it would not at all cause a disconnect).

In fact, I don't know when the last netcode change was that would impact "lag"/disconnects at all... probably at least 2-3 months ago.