1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dwarf Fortress - Praise Armok!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by TerryDactyl, Jun 3, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Ok got it. Thanks brah :D

2. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I just realized the irony that allknowingfrog is playing a game by toady.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  3. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Green power!

4. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Dat irony... o ^o
    So much of it! :O

5. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Irony? :huh?:

6. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Irony.

7. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Not picking up irony here.

8. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Yeah, unless Miauw is thinking of something I'm not, I don't see any irony. Just a funny coincidence.

9. Duke2die4

Duke2die4 Arsonist

he thinked is fuun cus 1 guy is named frog and the other "toady"

10. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Nah, i think i just got the definition of irony wrong.

11. Awwww yeah. Started DF early 2011. Am now well known on the forums, well at least the lower forums. :P

In fact, it's because of Dwarf Fortress players I started with KAG. :D

12. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Arr harr, reudh!
    Good to see more dorfs in here.
    Its been damn long since i last played DF.
    May get back into it tough.

I'm having a severe case of the "i'll-wait-for-the-new-update-before-starting-a-fort"-syndrome.

13. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

I'm still amazed we have Locus of Boatmurdered with us

14. I'm having "Well I've made this Terrifying Glacier / Fort-In-The-Cavern embark safe, what next?" syndrome...

It's a bit like... Well, nothing they can throw at the dwarves is any danger now unless I get a flying FB. The goblins tend to stupidly mill about whenever the insta-death Infernal Ash cloud drifts by. I'm thinking of replacing the roofs on my Golden Road with raisable bridges, so I can open the gates for the infernal ash to sweep through.

We do still take heavy casualties almost daily from the infernal ash syndrome, though.

15. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Invade hell and settle a colony down here

16. Would do, but my military is far too weak to put up much of a resistance (very little CANDY, heaps of flux but almost no iron ore (used it all up already).

Unless I can do something with TAD's Checkerboard design, I don't think I stand a chance. I'm already established at cavern layer three, which is not fully sealed off. There is a small area where hunters are able to get in and out.

Honestly, the most difficulty I have is dwarves getting infernal ash on their hands from handling tainted items and then dying. :D

17. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Using a military? In DF? Hell naw.

Use malevolent architecture. Collapsing stone is one of the few things that you have access to that can kill the clowns quickly (seriously, they'll just fucking swim through magma and come out even more pissed off than before, spike traps just won't hack it for the big ones that are five times as big elephants, etc, etc). Try and figure out a design for a repeating stone collapse trap, then station it over where you intend to breach.

Although the clowns technically outnumber ants, they're distributed across the entire layer, so you only need to kill a few hundred in your 4x4 map to be able to get down and build your colony before more flood in.

You're doing good, but think dorfier.

18. Aye, I know- the checkerboard is a dwarven megaproject conceived by ThatAussieDwarf over on Bay12 wherein the demons approach the 'playing board' and then water and magma are released to gradually immure them all in obsidian. It's not shockingly hard to do either...
    I should probably work on that.

Alternatively I could use Mitchewawa's Demon Sweatshop megaproject to enslave rather than murder, especially if they're web flingers.

19. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

You could also download some mods and gen a new world.
    Masterwork DF,
    Legends of forlorn realm,
    fear the night...

(etc, etc)

20. Oh, most definitely. I'm going to download the community mod in development (I'm part of the 18 so far on the list workin' on it) and a couple of other mods too. Probably Fortress Defense.

How does larger goblin-analogues who have venomous horns on the tops of their heads sound?
    Or a creature who can act as a superb watchdog due to it having very, very high [SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS].
    Or one that's purely for annoyance, that combines the [MISCHIEVIOUS] of gremlins (messin with levers, buildings) with [CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER] [CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM] and [SKILL_INNATE:AMBUSHER:15].

:D

Mods: BlueLuigi