1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Good songs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by laurentiu, Oct 6, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

PLAAAN!

WUBWUBWUB WUBWUBWUB

PLAAAN!

WarrFork likes this.
  2. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

:[ I'll just leave some early 1900's retro techno over here

3. Templar_Frost

4. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Recently rediscovered Falconer, a Swedish power-metal band. I found out that they had made a whole new album named "Armod."

This song is from their album "Among Beggars And Thieves." It is provided with both English lyrics running alongside the Swedish one, more juice for everyone!

I do quite like their music, generally not a big fan of power-metal, with a few exceptions, but their music is borderline folk-metal, their lyrics are also pretty clever.
    Fun fact. Falconer got international recognition when they provided background music for this commercial.

5. Templar_Frost

WARNING

If your allergic to severe wubbing, do not listen to this song.

synthesispandabot and lehoon like this.
  6. lehoon

lehoon King

I get to see this guy in 2.5 WEEKS

If you don't like that progressive clubby sound then you can git the ferk out

Vidar and Contrary like this.
  7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

This song is about women who worked in a factory painting watch dials with paint that contained radium. Scientists and the owners of the factory knew at the time how dangerous radium was, but told the workers it was harmless and in fact encouraged them to lick their paint brushes to keep them sharp.

Ivy and lehoon like this.
  8. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

btw nsfw on the third one.

airvortex likes this.
  9. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

J'ATTTEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDS !!! :>:(:

10. Templar_Frost

11. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

So So Modern, a great band fromm New Zealand

they have better songs but youtbe let me down :(

12. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

So I've recently reached 200 posts and I am going to kick off the next batch with a long ass post about an awesome new album from one of my favourite bands.​
    [​IMG]
    Band:Sabaton
    Album:Carolus Rex
    Genre:Heavy/Power Metal
    Language:English/Swedish
    With the seventh studio album, Carolus Rex, Sabaton depicts the Swedish Empire throughout a period of over twenty years of struggle. The Great Northern War was a struggle that started quickly after the death of king Charles XI of Sweden. An alliance with the Tsardom of Russia in the lead saw their chance to contest Sweden's dominion over the baltic sea.​
    The new king of Sweden, Charles XII, was merely eighteen years old when a four pronged attack from the surrounding countries was launched upon him. What followed was ultimately the demise of the Swedish Empire with large portions of its army and land was lost.​
    I've always been a fan of Sabaton's music but this album blew my mind out. Not only does it contain 11 brand new songs with several covers. Each original song has both an English and Swedish version, both awesome in their own rights.​
    [01] Dominium Maris Baltici - Opening song. Transitions into The Lion From The North.
    [02] The Lion From The North - About the Swedish king Gustav II Adolf during the Thirty Years' War, often nicknamed as the lion from the north. He is supposedly the founder of the Swedish Empire with his innovative military strategies, earning him another title, Father of Modern Warfare.​
    [03] Gott Mit Uns - About the battle of Breitenfeld where Gustav II Adolf won the first major victory against the forces of The Holy Roman Empire. It is considered one of his greatest military achievements.​
    [04] A Lifetime Of War - Describing the futility of the Thirty Years' War that never seemed to end. There are no certain facts to what started it, but it lead to millions of lives lost across the whole European continent cutting the population in half in certain regions.​
    [05] 1648 - The last battle of the Thirty Years' War in which Swedish forces tried to capture the city of Prague. Unable to do so they instead turned towards the castle which they plundered.​
    [06] The Carolean's Prayer - In order to maintain political dominion over Europe the Swedish king Charles XI, seeked to reform his army. What resulted was a highly offensive force that was amongst the most advanced of its time. The Caroleans was told to march slowly all the way until they could see their enemies in the white of their eyes before releasing a volley and then quickly charge into the enemy, routing them. The first battle of Narva was a prime example over their effectiveness when they utterly destroyed a Russian army three times its size.​
    [07] Carolus Rex - About the crowning of Charles XII upon his father's death. Carolus Rex is the latin name for King Charles and is commonly what he was called.​
    [08] Killing Ground - About the battle of Fraudstadt where Swedish forces first defeated a saxon army twice its size and then went on to "break the code of war," killing about seven thousand prisoners.​
    [09] Poltava - A descive battle between the Tsardom of Russia and the Swedish Empire. Charles XII had marched far into Russia and had to force an engagement with the Russian forces since his own was running low on food and was plagued by the cold winter. The Swedes was defeated and was never able to recover, this is said to be the end of the Swedish Empire​
    [10] Long Live The King - Charles XII does a final attempt to recover from the war by invading Norway. At the siege of Fredriksten he is shot. It is still not known whether he was killed by one of his own, Sweden was weary of battle at this stage, or if it was a Norwegian soldier. The song is about the march back home to Sweden.​
    [11] Ruina Imperii - About the defeat of the Swedish Empire and the Carolean death march where about three thousand soldiers froze to death during a retreat back home to Sweden.​
    Loved the album, one favourite song is the english version of Poltava. It is just so damn energetic and chaotic. Eargasm twenty times in a row.​
    So if you like metal, check these people out, blarghsbourgh!​
    You'll have to excuse all the silly grammatical errors, they sure are out there, somewhere.​

Hermap and Zegovia like this.
  13. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Welp.... guess ill keep my eye out then and buy this with a vengeance when i find it...

14. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

Julian Assange made me think of that song. I'm sure he also had it in mind.

15. Titmau5

Titmau5 Bison Rider Staff Alumni

EDIT: Even better

Contrary likes this.
  16. airvortex

airvortex Catapult Fodder

love this song (also by Gotye, I absolutely LOVE "Thanks for your Time" as well)

synthesispandabot likes this.
  17. synthesispandabot

haha nice.

airvortex likes this.
  18. Icidium

Icidium Base Burner

Behold!

19. synthesispandabot

srsly guys? two rick astleys on the same page?

katamari music is awesome

20. Titmau5

Titmau5 Bison Rider Staff Alumni

I just love this song. :)

Mods: BlueLuigi