1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Map/Server Ingenuity by OnR

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FliesLikeABrick, Jun 20, 2012.

1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "jump" or Parkour map, but more of an exploration map.

2. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

Whooo just finished it. That was god damn hard, but I learned a couple of new jumping tricks. Namely vaulting off team doors, off the block you are standing on, and vaulting 5 tiles into the air. That was fun.

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ever play Sexual Chocolate, or the other jump map we made? They don't work anymore I think, will look into it.

Looks like I was given some credit :<
    Not gonna ask for another edit, but should point out that I only did about half of the map I worked on, Rayne and Clazy also were there, and Clazy did more than any of us.

Ghozt likes this.
  4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah I wasn't sure if he was before or after Bilbs. Again, not really a big deal as it's not exactly the most original idea.

Still, it's cool to see maps like this and in the future we'll see crazy innovations like knight boosting co-op maps or archer maps or worker with limited resources maps.

5. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

So after checking it out, it's pretty good.
    I stopped playing at the 4 doors though, since there were just too many people.
    We were 5 or 6 guys standing there and everytime someone just had to be a retard and jump into the doors.
    I waited for 20 minutes to even be able to give it a try and then someone jumped into the door from below me.
    That doesn't have anything to do with skill anymore, it's just the addition of a random time at which it is safe to jump really.
    Not sure how to fix this though, maybe build the same thing a few times next to each other or something like that.

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Knight boosting map done a long time ago courtesy of mAz-
    We eventually made a second one too in cooperation with him.
    Archer maps I believe quite a few people have done.
    Work with limited resources, had tried, but now what's happening with not being able to build limits on supports could definitely work nicely.

7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

(this is an unfinished version, can't find the completed, we might've lost it forever)
    Custom.png

level 4
    SexualChocolate.png

These are outdated and may or may not be possible anymore, also it's completely dark because of lighting, as these were made before lighting came out, if you want to /try/ you should replace the background with sky.

//edit: it might be fun to build a lantern shop and try it holding a lantern while it's completely dark.

8. oh God, I got half way through that second one, saved my place, then the game updated and it broke ;_;

9. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Yeah, the first one Rayne posted was the first one I played back then.
    Was a bit complicated at first but once you got through one time it was pretty easy.
    Would be nice to have some more maps this time around.

10. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I am halfway through making one myself, it just takes an incredble amount of work to make one.

How did all you guys make yous? Did you do it with editor are an application like paint.net?

11. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

ingame editor, so that we could test it while we made it.

i think it took us about 3 or 4 hours to make the first one?

12. Yeah in game editor is easiest. I made the rectangles in paint.net then the levels in game.

13. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Oh, I have been making them in paint then opening KAG and opening the map.

Anyway, nice map, I can't wait to test it.

14. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

These kind of maps make me think of good old times:
    Who's able to survive?

15. Joekirk

Joekirk Shipwright

I made it to the end, but didn't feel like doing the whole course over again to get the enemy flag back to our base. Still a rewarding; if challenging map, good work Elowan, you managed to make a hard but fair challenge.

Gotta love getting 3/4 of the way up enemy's spawn pit when all the sudden someone comes barreling toward you. Sorry Lavalord, not everyone is as lucky as you and I'm not doing this a third time.

16. StarFighter

StarFighter Catapult Fodder

Screen of some winners today :

- Contrary
    - WalterWulf007
    - Terraria_Clone
    - Me (StarFighter)

[​IMG]

Contrary likes this.
  17. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Well, it was a great map and I had lots of fun playing on it.
    I also made it too.

Now, who is the funny guy who edited my post? I think it was Kouji, or FBB to

18. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

KAG is looking like Soldat more and more

19. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Indeed, it is adopting some of the things that made Soldat neat as it matured and as more people began experimenting :)

20. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

The thing that made Soldat great was jetpacks fyi. So someone should work on that ^^

GloriousToast and Ghozt like this.