1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Salem: The Crafting MMO Beta!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by FlamingWaffle, Mar 23, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I've got two beta keys if anyone wants them (cause I helped Beef out with his registration and used 2 separate emails). I'm probably not going to play this simply due to my lack of time. PM if you want them though.

edit: Just gave one out, so there's one left.
    Given away both keys

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

As an FYI, you didn't need a legit email for the secondaries. :P

3. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Gosh darn. :P

4. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I tried the game out with Kouji's key. So far it seems a lot like Haven and Hearth, perhaps too much so, as it is both complicated and confusing. Not a very intuitive game, but I will keep my eye on it.

Noburu likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The general idea is for it to take you a lot of time to learn, you are not 'supposed' to use things like wikis/etc, but to attempt to LEARN yourself, and in this case learning is most of the fun. I haven't tried enough of Salem to know if learning it is as fun as it was in HnH though. Then you just keep learning, learning, documenting, recipes, making charts, LP/Hr, LP/slot, quality levels you can gain, and the more and more the meta becomes part of the game, a HUGE part of it. Getting any info leaked like what quality you can produce can basically fuck you in the ass.

Contrary, Noburu and Beef like this.
  6. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Early game is pretty fun, exploring, forming parties, listening in on retards bullshitting each other, all that.

Once you get to the stage where you can make your own (good) inspirationals en masse (they're the things you get learning points from studying) then it becomes much less fun and more tedious.

I'm told it gets fun again once you push through that and you can just murder people but I'm not willing to make that time investment.

7. Arthurox

Arthurox Bison Rider

Pm the other one

8. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

i'm pretty sure there's going to be a wipe soon in the next few months for next beta stage (maybe testing payment too lmao)

BlueLuigi likes this.
  9. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Only dicked around with it a few minutes, this kinda turns me off from playing more.

sj67 likes this.
  10. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Anyone still is playing this?

11. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Only the masochists that like to be abused.

Worm likes this.
  12. Pizarro

Pizarro Builder Stabber

I'm tempted to join beta (if it becomes available again) just because I'm Wiccan and it would be funny riding around on a broomstick.

I wonder if there'll be "sanctioned" areas of the world where you can't kill players. I imagine new players would get their asses kicked in starting areas if they can't be sanctioned.

13. Worm

No one with high-end skills will not attack newbies due they don't have anything. Really, attacking someone who doesn't have anything is biggest waste of Yellow Bile.

14. Pizarro

Pizarro Builder Stabber

Any place where I can learn more about this game? Since beta is currently closed, I can't jump right in and figure it out myself and videos are limited.

15. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

If you want a key, I've got one I'm not using somewhere...

16. Worm

He got key.

17. Pizarro

Pizarro Builder Stabber

I'm already wandering around in main world. Tutorial was confusing, but at least its a good start for basic things.

18. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

* KnightGabe13 says "Nope!" to himself after seeing the graphics.

19. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

If anyone wants my cup of poison (read: beta key), you're more than welcome to it.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  20. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Its not running for me, "unable to launch application".
    Anyone know how to fix it?

Mods: BlueLuigi