1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Read this first! Map Making Tutorial

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Rayne, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Ah, well that's strange then, probably just a bug at the time.

2. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I don't think this is worth a new thread, so here's my question:

In making a CTF a map, is there a pre-set constant that determines the size of the "Red Zone" during setup, or is it a variable that is able to be changed? How would I go about changing it if it's possible?

3. Rayne

33% of the map iirc

can't change it

GreenRock likes this.
  4. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Many thanks, Rayne.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 29, 2012 2:44 AM ---</br>
    'Notha question: how to load .kag maps using the console?

5. xioxio128

xioxio128 Shark Slayer

/loadbitmap (mapname)

GreenRock likes this.
  6. Rayne

no, \loadmap name.kag

\loadbitmap is for png maps.

GreenRock likes this.
  7. reyman

reyman Shopkeep Stealer

Hi,
    Finally i find the color for the wood on the wiki, but i don't find RGB color for lantern, anybody have an idea ?
    Irc give a start of answer, the rgba value for lantern 255,255,240,171 but i try to add a layer with alpha channel in photoshop with value at 255, then next with value at 255,240,171 ; i cannot success ...
    If anybody can post an exemple on how adding alpha channel, it's really great !

Thanks,
    Sr

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Can't place lanterns in a png, you have to go in game, place em via your character or console command, then save as .kag.

9. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

There's a console command for placing lanterns? Is that common knowledge? Do I need to rtfm or something?

10. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Is there a command to place objects and stuff?

And other question. In a map generator you can configure wave and stuff (water goes up and down in a cycle) is there a way to do that via commands? (to then save via .kag or to use a .gm config)

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

For tides (you can then save as .kag):

\rcon waterWavePeriod(30.0); waterWaveAmplitude(27); waterLevel(38);

There are commands for placing objects but only level 10 laser code wizards can learn it. I think Rayne or Salami might know. I just use the shop method.

reyman and JacKD like this.
  12. reyman

reyman Shopkeep Stealer

But with the shop method you cannot add lantern for example ... no?

13. JacKD

You can, but only to .kag maps not png. And AFAIK .kag is not working since a couple of builds (weeks) ago.

14. i just stick to making the maps without latterns and shiz

15. dandyking7179

dandyking7179 Bison Rider

Hey guys, I heard that some people had trouble making trees for the maps with paint.NET, so I made a video tutorial here in case you need it. I'm sorry if it's a repost of the first messages, for some reason, pictures and videos (in spoilers) don't appear in some threads for me.

JacKD likes this.
  16. I'm sorry if it's a repost of the first messages, for some reason, pictures and videos (in spoilers) don't appear in some threads for me.[/quote]

That sometimes happens to me too.
    Idea for gamemode: Temple Guard

Is it possible to change areas of respawn? For instance a temple guard would be buffed and do extra damage only there will be 5 of them against atleast 20 regulars. The regulars have to siege premade outposts on the guard's side and the guards have to defend as best as they can. There will be a time limit (about 10 minutes) for the guards to hold out. Back to the sieging of the outposts, guards spawn in several areas, first at the outermost outpost then when regulars siege it, they take that outpost and spawn from there and guards will no longer spawn there. There will be 3 outposts on the guards side then a tent. The tent is the last respawn point for the guards to defend from.

hope this is a possible game mode and i'm not just fantasizing :p

17. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

.kag has always been working.
    Press home and write /savemap name

18. JacKD

I know you can save .kag maps, but they don't work between builds, you have to make one again every time a build gets pushed out, so IMO they don't work :P I lost hours of beautiful handwork to make damaged stones and stuff after one of those updates...

Does anyone knows if that got fixed?

19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

20. JacKD

So I guess the anwser is "no" lol