1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

badthread

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Canadian98, Jun 23, 2012.

?

Xbox 360 or PS3

1. Xbox 360

36.1%
  2. PS3

63.9%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

How can you say the Xbox and PS3 have equal graphics, I thought the PS3 was more powerful then the 360.

Oh man.
    Flood of crap games? You mean games that aren't Mario, Zelda, Sonic, Metroid or Castlevania are crap?
    Monster Hunter Tri, Xenoblade, No More Heroes, Day of Crysis, TvC, Rabbids Go Home, Rayman, Goldeneye, Okami, DBZ, Last Story, Epic Mickey, Rhythm Heaven, Resident Evil 4, Animal Crossing, LEGO Starwars, Punchout!, Dokapon, De Blob, House of The Dead, Rune Factory, Arc Rise Fantasia, Demon Blade, actually any LEGO game, and a fuckload of Wiiware games would love to have a word with you.
    forgive me if I missed some stuff I don't like making big list

Mature games for mature gamers? People like this need to be shot in the street. I also own COD BlackOps on the Wii it plays fine with both Motion and a regular USB controller. If you've played a rail shooter in an arcade you can play a FPS game on a Wii.

DarkHairedIrish and Maverick like this.
  2. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

I'd say the PS3 because of a lot of things. Me having the PS3 for about 4 years now, am absolutely satisfied with the features it gives me. Blu-Ray Player, Free Network(Gaming Network), exclusive titles(Drakes Uncharted Series by the famous Naughty Dog Inc), and a whole lot of other stuff no one really pays attention to :D

Gaming:

I think the PS3 wins here because of the crispy-clear graphics, exclusive titles, and excellent game play. This really stands out when you have HD - TV. The multiplayer is amazing. Free Online Gaming Privileges. With the Xbox(correct me if I'm wrong) you need to pay in order to play online so - get the PS3 if you want to save money in that sense.

Media:

Again the PS3 wins here because we have :shad: BLU-RAY:shad: which again looks ABSOLUTELY stunning on the HD-TV, when watching Blu-Ray movies. Pictures can be easily loaded on the PS3 and viewed in a neat slideshow fashion and such, easy sharing between friends. Music is the same.
    Networking

Browser Support, and whole lot'o other stuff.

DarkHairedIrish and Contrary like this.
  3. MechaTrickster

Are you a salesman

SirSammy and WarrFork like this.
  4. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Maybe :3

5. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

You're all fools. Fools, I say.

Every platform has good and bad characteristics, and games which make purchasing the console worthwhile. It's simply delusional to say one is better than the other, because they all differ in certain aspects and giving a favouring a console based on a general and non-specific level is innane.

But of course, the arguing will continue none-the-less.

Also, ignore Contrary, he's known to troll when it comes to fanboyism.

6. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

Both in a way but PS3 more, PS3 has free online, you have top pay for x-box 360 that sucks. But most of the good clans have X-box 360 like FaZe and OpTic and others...

7. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

lol.png

Eggnogg, Templar_Frost, Worm and 4 others like this.
  8. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

'Xbox never hacked', totally not true but Beef, you know 9/10 of your links are shit ? :p

DarkHairedIrish likes this.
  9. Beef

Shit meaning they don't work? I'll admit I didn't do an exhaustive search on the validity of all of them, but the first one was, which is proof enough that Canadian is a fanboy.

DarkHairedIrish likes this.
  10. Bah, like if multiplayer was everything and besides, if you don't pay to play online on xbox is the same as if it was hacked.

11. Beef

It's very difficult to take you seriously when you type like that, even ignoring the "I am a fanboy" thing.

What you're doing now is an extension of the human instinct for tribalism; you want to belong, you find a nice easy US VS THEM divide in an area of your interest, and you pick a side based off entirely emotive or otherwise spurious reasons. We're social creatures. It's understandable. The same thing happens with football teams, gangs and (especially) countries. I am not saying this is the sole reason, but it is certainly an important one.

The fact you're quite young also plays a role, as you have no real prior experience in dealing with these urges. I won't go so far as to state that these are specifically exploited by the marketing departments of both companies (because really, they've proven themselves to be wholly incompetent time and time again), but it would make a lot of financial sense.

Then you have free advertising and a long term money cow to milk as often as you please.

It's honestly one of the most disgusting examples of human nature, even in so innocuous a setting. If only everyone could step back, unite as one, and recognize the PC as the master race.

Eggnogg likes this.
  12. You are doing it again!

13. CoD

CoD Haxor

Tetris on my old handheld Gameboy :D

short_round likes this.
  14. NO COD NO, you are not funny!

15. CoD

CoD Haxor

I'm serious, like, seriously.

short_round likes this.
  16. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Not sure if trolling at this point.

On topic: i havent used my Xbox in 6 years since i got a PC mainly because im to lazy to hook it up.I want to play certain games on it but im so lazy.Some games are just easier on consoles.But not fps ,the only fps i could play on console decent was halo and even then i sucked.And not using s controller in 6 years prob adds up.But there are many games i have had much fun pkaying on xbox.
    Never had a PS3 would like to.Dem exclusives.Infamous DO WANT!

17. MechaTrickster

You really just gave up that easily? Good lord whats the point of a Vs. thread if you have no spine?

Too bad you have a shitton of FPS/RTS/MMORPG exclusives that I'd rather not update my computer to play.

Redigit likes this.
  18. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

Tell you what, Nentindo is the best

19. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Okay, first of all, for both consoles, GRAPHICS ARE THE SAME FUCKING THING. So don't argue about that. It really goes down to the exclusives. And PS3 wins hands down.

For PS3

Infamous 2
    Gran Tourismo 5
    Uncharted 3
    Resistance 3
    God of War 3
    Killzone 3
    Little Big Planet 2
    Ratchet and Clank
    Heavy Rain
    Motorstorm 4

For Xbox

Gears of War 3
    Halo Reach
    Forza Motorsport 3

That's it, lol.

And don't give me any bullshit that I left out Fable 3. I am fully aware that I did. I only left it out because it SUCKS.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. The thing that makes the Xbox 360 the most putrid piece of living shit, known to mankind, is the Kinect. It SUCKS. The controls are buggy and glitchy, and it makes your avatar look like he's having a violent seizure. All the games that comes out for it, are utter shit. And the ones that comes out for the Kinect that are half-way decent, are ruined by the sheer fuckery of the Kinect. (See, Steel Battalion)

PS Move on the other hand is accurate. Amazingly accurate, despite the need for controllers. You can shake that motha up as much as you want, and it won't lose its compatibility, ever. Sure you have to do the mandatory stand up and touch yourself deal, but it's worth it for the accuracy. And when Killzone 3 was released for the Move. There was something that shocked gamers and reviewers alike.

IT ACTUALLY FREAKING WORKS.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, a first person shooter actually works with motion control. The first of it's kind for sure. It's just sad that the amazing technology behind the Move, was masked by the idiocy of the Kinect bullshit.

20. Cool cool but I have DR2 on my PS3.

Rambo likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi