1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Team Fortress 2: World's Best War-Based Hat Simulator

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Miauw62, May 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

I tried TF2 quickly to get a ticket for the Steam Summer Camp or another Steam sale I didn't enjoy it because I really didn't know what I was doing I was just in it to ticket but I do want to give it a real shot sometime when I have a functional computer.

Also I think KAG could beat TF2 in war hat sim if hat custimizing in KAG is expanded. :)

2. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

:p

I told those guys over at valve many times, the backburner is overpowered and really needs to be nerfed, nobody ever ambushes due to the 10% extra damage we need a new gamemode, cth.
    Up to you to figure out what that means.
    Its a really fun game, and remember ONE thing:
    The default weapons are much better then others at times.
    (especially if you are going to play scout or pyro)
    </br>--- merged: Jun 25, 2012 4:12 PM ---</br>
    http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/

ITS HERE
    THE THE PYRO UPDATE IS HERE!
    </br>--- merged: Jun 27, 2012 6:20 PM ---</br>
    MEET THE PYRO IS HERE
    ITS HERE
    ITS HEEEREEEEEE

pokefrag likes this.
  3. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Meet the Pyro:

Happy time! 0:53 - 1:15 1:17 - 1:23 1:25 - 1:31 1:35 - 1:47 Only dead can find peace in this land! 0:00 - 0:50 1:16 1:24 - 1:25 1:32 - 1:34 1:45 - 2:04 2:09

Oddly enough you can't post a comment on youtube if you have too many timers in it!

4. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

MTP is awesome.
    No day 3 yet tough.

MtP is consuming 4 thread on B12 at the same time.
    This is insane.

5. Oh my fucking god. Meet the pyro just came out. If you didn't see it, here is the vid.

I'm also so excited for the new game mode and weapons! Here's the website with the info:

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Fuck yes, no reveal but still awesome as hell.

7. People said it was terrifying. I though it was funny as hell.

8. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Does this have something to do with my inventory being filled with goldfish, pocket lint, cheese wheels and planks of wood?

Also that vid is hilarious. I always knew the pyro was insane.

9. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

I was in a hole in the ground (a very big hole) when meet the pyro came out. Two weeks of no internet kept me from experiencing the last meet the team video when it came out but now that it is I have come out of this dark crevice in the earth to find my equalizer split in two. I'm still waiting for the re balances of the UP/OP weapons. By the way, I do prefer stock weapons for many classes (scout, sniper, spy) but with many classes I prefer small changes (ubersaw, the equalizer of old, eureka effect, dead ringer sometimes.)

10. Dem new weapons and stuffshs. Half of them suck. The public enemy set for scoot is good. Mostly if you have the candy cane for your melee. So fast :D The urban professional is... okay? Not sure if good or decent. The beggars bazooka? It's meh. It's just good for defending. And the scorch shot? It's horrible. Dat knock back is horrible. If it was FaN knockback. It'd be good.

11. bruthsaw

bruthsaw Shopkeep Stealer

I got an Unusual Head Warmer with Searing Plasma effect from the Scorched Crate. I might sale it depending on what I get from my other crates (normal ones)

12. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

The urban professional is interesting because unlike other sets, the weapons do little to compliment each other. The cleaner's carbine works best with the stock sniper, getting the crits and finishing somebody else off with the quick 150 damage of a non-charged sniper crit shot. While the new sniper does less damage bodyshotting, meaning you have to get a headshot for that 150 crit damage, this seems kind of redundant to me. The new sniper is good for holding down a single high-traffic area on defense, getting focus and having little chance of being flanked. This is not how I play combat sniper (I prefer stock loadout for combat but the cleaner's carbine does seem apealing to at least try out). Note to valve, sets have to work together at least a little bit, not OP like the croc-o-style, but there has to be some reason to put them in the same loadout slot.

13. TruMe

TruMe Catapult Fodder

So that's why PYRO always kills me! :p

14. bruthsaw

Im so excited for it.

15. pokefrag

pokefrag Shopkeep Stealer

The pyroman is very good.I go to sometimes on medic fight ^^
    I don't love spy on enginner.'Hello friends look the machine!
    Pyroman(Spy):Year this is....Fuck yeah kill you!'

16. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

What??

MvM is out you big jerks. I don't recommend trying to get into a game right now unless you plan to pay for tickets, though; the matchmaking for free games is absolutely horrid, and in general the release has been really buggy. I'd guess that things will be better in a week or so!

In the meantime, check out my terribly inappropriate tiffs replay plug. They're all about shooting arrows at people?? Maybe.

Contrary likes this.
  17. bruthsaw

I just use the server browser to find a MvM server. And a patch fixed the only bug I had a problem with (which was the time running out on the server when the bomb blows up making the game unloseable)

18. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Started playing this again, I'm having a lot of fun as Demopan and Pyro. Particularly with all the combos the Pyro can do where he lights people on fire, airblasts, then hits with secondary/melee. Mostly I like Backburner/Stock + Reserve Shooter but now I'm doing the Degreaser + Flare Gun combo and it's really satisfying and not as hard as I'd thought.

My steam is: thenukes

Feel free to add me.

19. Shadza

Shadza Knightmare Donator

Guitarman likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi