1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[RDM] Training Grounds

Discussion in 'Maps' started by CheeseMeister, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Made this map because I was ultra bored, it is the first map I have made and as the title suggests it is for Rapid Death Match servers. I am actually fairly happy about the way it turned out, even for both sides and most of the time fair fights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feedback would be nice, if anyone wants me to make more ask me.

SARGRA13 and One like this.
  2. Lexar514

Lexar514 Shipwright

Add more features?
    Like trees, catapults etc.

3. Good suggestion, although I made this with the intent of it being a simple map, that would be nice.

4. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Cool map. The only thing I am worried about is people destroying ladders to camp on specific floors or at the spawn. That is seriously like my pet hate in RTDM. That and archers. Maybe you could put bedrock/stone notches all over the place instead of ladders.
    V2.png

Something like this allows you to access the all areas of the map if the ladders are destroyed. Also allows you to traverse the floors quickly without the ladders. That said, I think if you removed the ladders from the lower parts of the map or even replaced all of the map's ladders with notches I think it'd be better. Ladders slow down the pace of combat, so notches are preferred in my opinion.

V3.png

Another version that has no ladders. Focuses entirely on stone notches. You can move quickly from the bottom floor to the top floor.

Just some thoughts. I like it.

Oh and I stoned up that little ditch on either side of the map. I thought it could have been problematic if you got stuck in there. Not sure if it is an intended feature, so yeah add it back in if you wanted it to be there.

And I forgot to add the spawns.

5. Very nice! I have no idea how I overlooked camping.. :/

The second one looks greeeat, maybe some spikes on the sides just incase someone wants to bomb jump over the sides and camp. (only if the server has bombs on spawn of course) Derp on me, I only just saw the 2 doors coming from the sides.

This was practically my test run for making maps, thank you Guro. I had archers in mind when I did not add any trees as well.. so unless the server starts them with any arrows they are fairly stuffed. <3

(I will steal the second one off you, if that is fine with you.)

Guro likes this.
  6. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Too much flat surface. Offer more variety in the terrain.
    Also theres only 2 man-sized holes between top level, 2nd top level and 3rd top level; Bottlenecks makes the map feels too closed-in/encourages camping/reduces combat variety.

CheeseMeister likes this.
  7. Going to start a new map with all of these suggestions in mind.

Hopefully it will be good..