1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game Performance Issue (Significant FPS Drop)

Discussion in 'General Help' started by genobee, Jul 6, 2012.

1. genobee

genobee Builder Stabber

I've this weird performance issue. KAG runs fine 30 FPS constantly only if I reboot my OS then launch it. Launching the game for 2nd and subsequent time would get me performance issue.

Here are what would happen when I launch KAG for 2nd time and next:
    1. Sudden slow pre-caching about 16 seconds or more. The border around a box that notifies pre-cached file doesn't display. After reboot, pre-cache done in a flash less than a second.
    2. FPS drops to below 10 if displaying area with a lot of activity (players prancing around or building collapse). Less activity area gets me higher but not constant 30 FPS. Zombie Fortress has it worst, 1 FPS. After reboot, I get constant 30 FPS in every mode.
    What I did so far but this issue persists:
    1. Download KAG from official KAG website.
    2. Reinstalled KAG to C:/ instead of C:/Program Files/.
    3. Lowering resolution.
    4. Turned off "Shader" and on "Faster Graphic".
    My laptop spec (Apple):
    • IntelCore 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz
    • Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT
    • 2 Gb RAM
    • Windows 7 Enterprise Ed. (SP1)

Going sideway a bit just to let you guys know; I've experienced KAG crashes after playing for awhile, browsing server and refreshing server list but these I can live with. As for OSX version, I haven't play on it much because of a game bug that randomly chooses next available building material and place it without my input. So yeah, any pointer what should I do or anyone having same issue?

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You could try playing OSX without full screen.

Someone else may be familiar with your windows problems but they don't sound familiar to me.

genobee likes this.
  3. genobee

genobee Builder Stabber

Thanks Downburst. I tried OSX version without fullscreen. It works great. No random input, no random crash on server browser and I get constant 30 FPS. Some resolution options won't start the game but what I'm currently using works just fine (1440 x 900).

Kagesha likes this.