1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Security Levels

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by Shadlington, Jun 30, 2012.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. 123rocker

123rocker Catapult Fodder

русские есть???

2. "Russian is" what?

I assume you mean is the russian version getting this update, and I would think yes.

Я полагаю, вы имеете в виду русский вариант получения этого обновления, и я думаю, что да. (машинного перевода)

3. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

There is no russian translation of kag.

4. Jumpout

Jumpout Shopkeep Stealer

I like this idea, It's long awaited by many server owners and admins alike. If possible in one of the levels of moderation, one should be able to move selected / frozen character if you do decide to add this in, would help putting people in the naughty corner / moving afk builder trolls /etc. The idea is great and would love to see it in-game.

:thumbs_up:

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

this: me!
    Security/editor.cfg:
    name = editor;
    users = editor; GloriousToast;
    roles = editor;
    commands =
    features = spectator, editor;

6. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

+1 to Jumpout's comment. The ability to move players is a great idea. It would especially be helpful when players are permanently glitch-stuck, such as in between bedrock.
    Also, I don't think that this has been mentioned yet, but I think it would be handy to have a command/security level that would temporarily restrict players from making/destroying blocks (effectively a 'building freeze'). That way an admin/guard could eliminate griefing at the very first sign and yet still monitor the player's actions without fear of future 'griefing'. Thoughts?

7. RoflcopterV22

RoflcopterV22 Poison Headcrab Donator

Could you also add some ability to restrict classes to group

i.e: Group archer can only be class archer.cfg or w.e

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  8. Jumpout

Jumpout Shopkeep Stealer

Also: Adding a key alike freeze/unfreeze; To ban, maybe maybe not, just suggesting

9. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Insteresting. Can we mod this to give some privileges to everyone? This can create new game modes like:
    Everyone have the power to freeze/unfreeze
    Everyone have editor only
    Everyone have the kick power, but no ban power (kick war server :3)

Also, the move players thing is a pretty cool idea. I will be much easier for me to dump frozen griefers outside the map, so they can heard the eco of falling scream until they cant take it anymore and leave. :D

10. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

i disagree that's a bad idea enough said

Creille likes this.
  11. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Reasons?

This wouldn't apply to everything.

If you didn't like the settings, don't play on the server.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  12. lavalord

1. dumping frozen people off a map so they can listen to continuous screaming is mean and irresponsible
    2.if you want to give everyone admin powers put the dam rcon in the description its not that hard

Creille likes this.
  13. CoD

CoD Haxor

Well, the more admins the better ;)
    Back on topic, moving players would be brilliant as an admin.
    But responsibly.

short_round likes this.
  14. UnnamedPlayer

Sorry, I dont think you got what I mean. :)
    I dont want to give everyone admin powers. This would be insane (One griefer = everyone gets permabanned.)
    I want to give them limited admin powers, and use this limited powers in new game modes.
    Like giving editor to everyone on a creative server.

About trowing griefers outside the map: If you want to troll other people and ruin theirs games just because is fun, you gotta accept that I may put you in an endless pit just because is fun. But responsibly ; )

Back to the topic:
    Other cool feature would be if we could restrict the use of certain classes or teams.
    Again, im thinking in other game modes (all vs the boss, Roleplay[this could let chars level up, change to modded classes and other cool stuff as long there was an admin on and all this changes were already scripted{Classes: knight1, knight2, knight3 etc}, allowing mod makers to make something similar to overworld]).

Stevedog and Ghozt like this.
  15. CoD

CoD Haxor

Well, that's a little less over the top then.
    But yeah things like editor in Sandbox to everyone, but only editor, while an admin that can freeze and ban stands by and moderates.

short_round likes this.
  16. lavalord

you can do this already without seclevs

Creille likes this.
  17. UnnamedPlayer

Again, I think you missed my point.
    You can create classes with different specifications already, but can't limitate who use which class. ;)
    So even if you made a roleplaying server at this moment (or any other gamemode that I commented on previous post), with different classes for different levels, everyone would just pick the stronger one.

But if I'm wrong, please share your knowledge with me, I will give you kudos for that =D

If shad implement it the way it is on the OP, this will soon be possible :D .
    But I would also like to see the class restriction thing.

For example, on a all vs the boss server, you could put all players on blue team script some weak minions to spawn on red team, and put one admin (or just a player you trust) on the other, to play as boss

Security/normal.cfg:
    name = Normal;
    users =
    roles =
    commands =
    features = spectator; ingame_assignable
    classes: builder.cfg; knight.cfg; archer.cfg;

Security/boss.cfg:
    name = boss;
    users =
    roles =
    commands =
    features = spectator;
    classes = builder.cfg; knight.cfg; archer.cfg; boss.cfg;

Ghozt likes this.
  18. assign_levels feature would require some elaborate rules to disallow server hijacking, but i like the rest (colours and moving players included)

19. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah I haven't actually figured out exactly how I want the assignment of seclevs in-game (i.e. through rcon commands/menu as opposed to directly editing the files) to work yet - it may not even be available at all in the first release of seclevs.

However, the general idea is that a) levels have a simple order from left to right in the list of level definition files, so that the first seclev is of a higher order than the second, etc. b) some levels will be marked with a flag to say that users of that level can assign lower levels than that level to other users and c) they will only be able to assign levels to users if those levels have been marked with a separate flag to say that that level is available for in-game assignment (i.e. to prevent people incorrectly assigning a level that is meant to be for guards).

I'm considering adding separate variables for those 2 flags (with yes/no or 1/0 values), instead of having them as features.

20. Jumpout

Jumpout Shopkeep Stealer

You dirty little hypercritical bastard.

Stevedog, UnnamedPlayer and Ej like this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey